What's new

Lightning Yellow - the new toy

Reaction score
Well, I have finally bought my second 200sx but this time its a SILVIA S15 Spec-S

Watch out for a mint Red S14a soon to be advertised in the For Sale section on SXOC

With my modification list growing its going to be fun project over time.

Here it is:

Front View

Rear View

Interior shot

[/img]

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments so far, much appreciated. :nod:

The colour is growing on me even though its brighter than I expected it to be. I think it certainly suits the car along with the current alloys. I will be making my mind up soon about them as I may take the ones off my current S14a (which will be up for sale soon).

I know it is a NA engine and there is already a planned list of modifications. For the price I got it which was substantially less than a Spec-R I couldn't let it go. It has some additional options not found on the Spec-S including what I believe to be a helical LSD. Going to spend some of this weekend exploring the new car details and pass on my findings of a rare Spec-S in the UK.

At the moment the SR20DE is a good performer for daily driving but I'm sure the call of turbo won't be far away. Additionally I want to get the lightning badge added to the car and remove the Nissan ones. :D

What should be the first realistic modification?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
SR20DET :D

But a cheaper note, i'd say brakes :nod:, cant go wrong with the basics, i.e. suspension and brakes, get it ready for the big power in the future.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Brakes. Is it correct that it has single pot clip type calipers at the front (similar to the rear)?

Doing a turbo conversion isn't as easy as it sounds. It would be easier to replace the entire engine with an SR20DET and ECU.

Quickest way to check the diff: Jack the back up under the diff, so both wheels are off the ground. Turn one wheel by hand. If the opposite wheel moves in the same direction, its Viscous. If it moves in the OPPOSITE direction, its Helical. :)

Reaction score
Nicely said:
:nod: Brakes. Is it correct that it has single pot clip type calipers at the front (similar to the rear)?

Doing a turbo conversion isn't as easy as it sounds. It would be easier to replace the entire engine with an SR20DET and ECU.

Quickest way to check the diff: Jack the back up under the diff, so both wheels are off the ground. Turn one wheel by hand. If the opposite wheel moves in the same direction, its Viscous. If it moves in the OPPOSITE direction, its Helical. :)
The brakes are the single clip type similar to a Primera. They are either Girling or ATE. We'll have to check the pad shape. I've got two primeras and one is girling and one is ATE.

130r

Whooooohooooo
Another Yellow. Great
It is kind of bringt under dalight. With some body kid it will look even better.

S

S15_silvia_

oh did you buy that on ebay??

i see one like that in yellow..still very nice,i like alot..

TURBO IT..lol

good luck with her
:thumbs:

Reaction score
It was the one on e-bay but bought it privately for a good price.

It definitely has some additional options for a Spec-S. The investigation has already begun this weekend and I'm sure I will find out more about this "bright" car.

Thanks for the good comments and look forward to talking with you more as the modifications progress.

:thumbs:

S

S1Five

dont think its a aus spec,

the rear has a wiper and doesnt have the gay rear reflectors on the rear bumper like mine hehe

w00t another yellow!! i vote suspension (coilovers) as your first mod, it makes the car alot of fun and the fact that you are not running any power mods your car should be quite linear with the power delivery