What's new

'99 Spec R Gaijin content!

Reaction score
Country
Hello S15oc, I'm Andrew.
I recently got stationed out here in beautiful Japan. I'm new to the S-chassis, I've built a few Honda's of which I still have one. I decided to try a new platform and one I couldn't have access to in the US. So what better than a S15! So far I love this car, its a great platform! Enough of my rambling, on with the beginning pics...

Reaction score
Country
Thank you, the wing is Rocket Dancer. Here are a few more pics of the car. I Swapped out the 330mm Nardi classic and 40mm hub spacer for a Vertex 330mm deep corn. Vertex shift boot and Vertex shift knob.

I swapped the other bumper that came with the car, a GP sports bumper. Makes the car look much better with the rest of the kit.

Reaction score
Country
Updates! And very recent pics of her. Things are constantly changing and will continue to until I'm satisfied with how she looks. I'm now on Nismo LM2GT's (for now)
I also picked up some Dmax LED red/clear tails, GPsports/UpGarage exhaust cat back setup.

Last couple from a night cruise with some friends. Pictured is a buddies R30 Skyline GT

subzero

Reaction score
holy **** , that's a sexy s15 .... you've transformed the car .

should have bought one of them vertex wheels when i had the chance, so bad ass .

Reaction score
Country
holy **** , that's a sexy s15 .... you've transformed the car .
should have bought one of them vertex wheels when i had the chance, so bad ass .
haha, thank you! I'm still collecting parts for a much different look.
I love my Vertex wheel, it has such a good feel to it and looks just awesome!

Reaction score
Country
great pics and collection of cars, that r30 looks amazing! i see the project is coming along nicely, she looks very smart :)

Reaction score
Country
Well to keep this post interesting I'll share with you my "other" build. Its a '90 EF7 CRX. I purchased the car as a bare shell in December of '07. I collected parts slowly as more of my funds were going into my '98 Integra Type R. I finally got the car up and running in September of last year, just in time to receive orders to Japan and put the car away until I get back. Being out here in Japan, I though it would be easy to find the hard to find parts for my old Honda, I was very wrong... What is nice, is the availability of the S-chassis parts out here. Makes the transition to Nissan very easy and my modifying itch ;)
So here are a few pics of the CRX in various stages.

great pics and collection of cars, that r30 looks amazing! i see the project is coming along nicely, she looks very smart :)
Thank you! Yeah his R30 is pretty awesome, very 80's Japan. The car is coming along, I should have an update or two by the end of this weekend :D

Reaction score
Country
I finally got around to putting my banner on the car. Pulled the wing off as well, I had to pull it off for inspection out here, along with lifting the car, pulling spacers... All to be inspected so I could renew registration, road tax and all that fun... I put the car back to how it was besides the Rocket Dancer wing. I finally got my seat rails in so I can install my new seats, updates later to come ;) For now here are some pics from this weekend...

And went out to Daikoku with a buddy and his AE86

Reaction score
Country
Here she is, with her new look. Many new parts to include OEM bumpers Aero skirts and rear valences, 3 piece front lip with carbon center, Bride Stradia II's with BRIDE rails. We had a car show on base: Yokosuka Friendship Day so I'll include the few S15's that were there as well

Mini me! (kind of)

And for my friends S15's!
Ayumi's S15 (Girl owned ;) )

Douglas's Instant Gentleman wide body in matte black

Jeff's tire slaying beast

And Team Moccoman's S15!

Reaction score
Country
What make is the lip and where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking? Cars looking great bud by the way:thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
I should have another update for you guys by the end of this weekend, a little more roll and pull on the new front fenders and refinished rollers! Nismo's will be up for sale shortly...
damn that car looks really really really familiar
Yes sir! Did you get any good shots from the Friendship Day gathering? It was good to see you up there
Awesome pictures! I've got a bunch of pictures saved of your car on my MBP...
Thank you, Ive noticed haha, seen a few posted up on Zilvia. You have your 15 yet?
What make is the lip and where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking? Cars looking great bud by the way:thumbs:
The lip is made by AeroWorkz. It is carbon center, fiberglass outside. I purchased it off auctions. Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
Sorry its been a while since Ive updated here. I'll start off with my DIY project : Taillights! I purchased another set of LED taillights, the "other" type, I love the look of the red/clear tails but the output is garbage. These are built a lot better for light output as the LED board Isn't flat and just placed in the housing like the red/clears. To me the new taillights look cheesy but I had plans for them. I purchased some VANS lens spray in red. They make a variety of colors including yellow and smoked. Spraying them was super easy as the prep was minimal because they tails were new. I taped off the housing that I didn't want the lens spray and removed the harness, not necessary but I took them off for the time being.

I have been in the process of refinishing a set of Regamasters I pieced together. The 17x8+35 EVO's and a pair of 17x9+18 Promada's. The Promadas were silver and the EVO's were faded with some oxidation on a few spots causing the paint to bubble up. I took on the tedious job of using chemical stripper and finishing off with media blasting. I painted them NH0 (Championship White) Ive had quite a few sets of wheels done in this color so in keeping tradition, I chose it for these wheels.
Fast forward a little bit I managed to find free time and get the wheels mounted with spacers so they would "fit" rears are with a 7mm spacer and fronts are a 20mm spacer. I also picked up a set of canards and wrapped the headlights with 3M film. Here's a couple shots of her all together at Fuji for the Slammed Society Japan event.