What's new

Importing a fresh one

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Hello

Im Mark and im from Staffordshire, thought i'd better join an owners forum as Ive just (today) confirmed a lovely S15 Spec-R in Japan from JM-Imports and i know little about them :D

A bit of history

I started my proper Jap car life with a DC5 which i owned and loved for 4 years. It was imported in by Andy at 200bhpcars and it was my pride and joy. Then some lovely lady decided to hit it on works car park which knackered the front bumper. It should of been an easy repair but the repair company hadn't got a clue and after 8 weeks i'd had enough. They managed to get the car looking good but in my mind i wasn't happy.
So i sold it and bought an Evo X 300SST, worst mistake ever!
It was a lovely car but it was too refined and the SST box was dreadful, i wanted a car which i could enjoy driving so i sold it and then set about asking Andy (now working at JM Imports) to look for another car.

I wanted a Facelift DC5 but it was taking a long time to find the right one, after searching the auctions in Japan i came across an S15. I knew of the car and always liked them so i thought 'what the hell' and asked Andy to find me a Spec R.

And here she is

Im unsure what mods are on it yet as its to be confirmed but the mats have got to go :lol:

She's done 36,500miles and is very clean.

I cant wait!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice! I'd guess you would be one of probably less than 5 over here with the blue seats.
Interesting rear wing, wonder if it was a standard one that has been modified, I like the pointy bits personally.

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys

Rare seat, i like rare stuff. So thats made my day.

I was thinking about getting some different wheels at some point, some Volk TE-37 SL if i can afford them but i need to get a quote from Japan.
Im waiting for better pictures on Tuesday and confirmation on what the mods are.

Reaction score
Country
welcome to the club mate nice clean car you got there. Looks like a nismo rear wing to me

Reaction score
Country
Hi Mark, welcome to the club. I too have recently got a black one owner Spec R from Staffs, believe it or not !
Very nice tidy car that !

Reaction score
Country
Very nice car!

i had an evo 9 before my s15 and the 10 is way to soft! Mine 9 was awesome! Would have another Any day.didn't want sell it but I've got my 15 now so it's not all bad!

As for mods get the side skirts and rear splats,maybe wheels..skyline r33 brembo's and then just breathing mods/injectors/remap..that's a good 320bhp there!

looks a clean car,good base to start from :).

Welcome to the club.

Lee

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the replies.

I'll be doing some mods to her but I need to do some reading on here first.
First hurdle is waiting for it to be delivered into the country, the wait begins :wack:

Reaction score
Country
Hi Mark.

Just back off my hols in Ireland in the S15.
Got my car from Stone in Staffs.

Waiting for my 18" wheels to arrive at the moment, then new rear shocks needed and some lowering springs !

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
Ah right,

I'm going to get some 18's at some point but it would be nice get the car first :D

Reaction score
Country
Don't let getting the actual car stop you buying parts, lol. I was in for about £2k before I even saw the car :)

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
:rotfl:
Weve just bought a replacement Evo 8 for the wife after crashing her last one. All the parts are being bought for that at the min.

There goes my modding money :(

Sims77

Reaction score
Country
The boat has arrived today, so it wont be long before i get my car.
Ive got to go on holiday first so ive asked JM Imports to hold on to it until i return. This will be my first RWD car so im a bit nervous as to how it will drive on the road compared to other cars ive owned. Mainly FWD but my latest cars being AWD.

Reaction score
Country
If its fairly stock it should be ok.still will be a tail happy car..

They catch you out lol,but it's predictable when it does go.

just go easy and you'll be fine it's not like you haven't had a quick car before so you'll learn quick enough

lee