What's new

Konnichiwa from Japan! New Spec R owner

Reaction score
Country
Hi all!

I know this forum is mostly for AUS/UK/EU S15 owners, but I thought I would register even though I'm in Japan :D
I moved here about half a year ago, and bought a 99 Spec R last fall.

I haven't done much to it yet, I'm going to start modding it more in the spring.

All it currently has is:
Exterior/Suspension:
Full Aero Kit (side skirts and rear spats)
Kazama Promode-SS Rear Wing
Impul Front Bumper
Tinted tails
Tinted rear windows
Rear de-badged
Tein Mono Flex coilovers
Nismo front tower bar
Cusco 2-way diff
AVS T-5 Wheels

Interior/Engine:
Nismo catback
A'PEXi intake
Defi ADVANCE CR boost guage
Blitz digital temp gauge
A'PEXi Turbo Timer
Nismo Shift knob
ADDZEST headunit and sound system

Pics of it now:

I want to get a hold of a stock Aero rear wing and compare it to the Kazama wing. I think the Kazama wing is a bit higher?

It used to have a VERTEX front bumper.... but someone recently backed into my car in a parking lot, and broke the front bumper and left front headlight:

I like the VERTEX front bumper more than the IMPUL one, but the VERTEX bumper sits too low and always scrapes on the ground on my extremely steep driveway. The IMPUL bumper doesn't sit quite as low, and doesn't stick out as far. It was kind of a curse and blessing at the same time that my car was hit. No more bumper scrapes! :D The shop bought a used instead of new headlight too, so they allowed me to get the rear wing for no charge :D

Pic of it when I bought it:

Happy to be a part of the forum!

Reaction score
Country
Welcome mate :wave: really nice looking s15, so how do you find driving in Japan to England bet the roads are better :)

Reaction score
Country
i have the same vertex lang kit but i smashed my front bumper recently and finding a replacment is proving dificult... :(

looks awsome ;)

Reaction score
Welcome mate.... nice s15 you have there... and the Kazama rear wing looks exactly like OEM aero wing but yeah it does look higher..
here is my one to compare...

and the Vertex lang front bumper looks nice indeed. wanted one of those :D

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the compliments!
@Luke
I've never been to the UK, so I wouldn't know. I've only lived in the USA, Canada, and Japan. The roads in Japan are far better than the roads in the USA, I've driven into potholes so large and deep on the freeway in California that I've blown out tires and damaged wheels from the impact.

@ - 0h -
Thanks for the comparison pic, the Kazama wing is definately higher!

Next up is some research on the SR20 and setting money aside for a FMIC, boost controller, fuel pump, full turboback, etc... :D

Reaction score
Country
wow not good stuff mate and annoying when your paying road tax, nice sounding future mods, Japans the right place to find them :)