What's new

Noob an ex EVO 9 owner looking for a spec r

Reaction score
Country
Hi all.

my names lee,I'm 26 from surrey.

im looking to buy a nice spec r with around £10,500.i had a 2006 EVO 9 GT with 400bhp and 420lbsft which I sold a few weeks ago to be sensible but I have given in and apart from another Evo a spec r is about the only car I want to own!

i was a member on here years ago when I was 19 I tried to buy one but couldn't get insured so brought a starlet GT instead lol!

ive had some nice cars,I have had a subaru impreza wrx sti type RA v-limited,starlet GT,supercharged fiesta ST that I built from stock to 340bhp and was fast ford featured it was pretty mint was concourse.then my evo 9..loved my evo buy it was one hell of a pricey car to keep and I wanted to take a break from cars but I can't do it and regret selling it so I need something nice again as a toy!

What can I get for my budget? It's a second car,I have a golf GT Tdi for daily use.

i would like to come to meets ect,I'm a bit OCD with my cars so lots of cleaning and painting bits will be done :).

look forward to joining you guys with a very special car soon.

all the best

lee

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Reaction score
Country
I'm going to put a deposit on Darren's Sunday if all goes to plan :),car looks too clean!

I want to come to some shows and if it all works out make Darren's car even better some how lol.may go concourse with it as it looks like a perfect car to do it with! Will also got a hks gt RS as I would like 350bhp.

car will be a show queen with the odd blast no silly business though,it may get a stone chip lol.im well over the top OCD..fingers crossed I get his car as it will go to a very good home!

be good to meet some of you guys too,the s15 is such a rare sight on the uk roads.

lee

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Glad to here you are going for Darren's good choice, and I bet Darren will be pleased it's going to another self confessed OCD'er :)

Reaction score
Country
Deposit is put Down on Darren's s15.

it truly a credit to him and I'm going to make sure I continue to look after the car to his high standard.

i showed him a few of my past cars so he can at least see its going to a crazy mad buffty head lol.

hoping to collect the car at the weekend if all is well :)!!

lee

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Enjoy the car mate got a lovely motor there!!!
Sure i dont need to say this but be a bit careful with it till your used to it! Not saying anything about your driving skills as I have seen your list of cars,but just bare in mind it will drive completely differently to an Evo etc
Seen alot of nice 15's get dings with people being too over confident and not getting used to how they drive.
Good luck with it I am sure you will enjoy the car dude as I said is a really nice motor you have bought :D

Reaction score
Country
Oh don't worry mate I know there tail happy and I plan to turn the boost down for a bit to get used to it..

The car is too precious to ruin,I won't be pushing my luck in it in fact at all.i mainly want it for shows and stuff.to polish and give me something to do lol..

the car blew my mind I've never had seen an s15 up close before and as I've said Darren should be proud of what he has done as the car is a credit to him! I want to contribute to this site and come to shows and meets and be a part of the club.

i can't wait to wake up and see it on my drive.i feel very lucky to have found a car like this as there so rare!

lee

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha good lad! Didnt want to come across as a knob but just have seen really clean ones get ruined with in a couple of weeks so didnt want to see I happen again!
Sounds like you have the right attitude towards the car anyways, be good to se the car at some meets/shows are a good crowd on here and I know what you mean I never get bored of looking at mine ha ha

Reaction score
Country
yeah may be a good idea to have the boost turned down for a while lee, especially this time of year. i had my boost turned down for the first couple months of having mine. ;)

Reaction score
Country
No that's fine mate,I won't jump in a car and think I'm billy big balls.

got respect for the car so will just go easy.i love the car too much too risk it!

There's very few around like Darren's,I was shocked.i wana make the most of it for sure and take it to as many shows as poss.want to try and avoid the rain!!!

I can't wait :)

Reaction score
Country
Nash couldn't agree more,Gona then it right down and just get used to the car for a while.im Gona be polishing it mostly lol.

lee

Reaction score
Country
I now am the proud owner of Darren's spec r.

what can I say apart from I love it!to drive its awesome,I've had people taking pictures already when I stopped and going up the motorway..

truely awesome machine!

i'll get a project thread up,I have a few plans :)

lee

Reaction score
Country
indeed mate. once iv sorted a few bits on here she'll be back on the road for some pics ;)

Reaction score
Country
Sounds like a plan :)

Well the rain has come so I won't be using the car till it drys up.hoping to give wash tomorrow won't have time for a big wash but a wash and once over with some poor boys black hole should make it look wicked.

im buying some good axle stands and it's going on them for a few days so I can clean the car and under the car all the suspension along with cleaning the exhaust from back to front.

lee