What's new

New to forum

S

savatoge

Hello from the USA!!! :wave:

A forum devoted to the S15! ...and hopefully to those of us who can only get
the face :rant:

I'm working on my current project, a 1995 USDM 240SX. I've been at it for a couple years now, which
includes a completely rebuilt KA24DE w/ 8.4:1 forged pistons, GT32 turbo, custom 3" exhaust, retuned ECU,
Z32 MAFS, 720cc Nismo injectors, 6 puck clutch, lightened flywheel, Z32 brakes, Tein FLEX coilovers,
other miscellaneous suspension upgrades and other odds and ends. I'm in the process of sourcing
a M/T S15 HLSD and figuring out what tire/wheel combo I want to put on, as well as completely stripping
out the interior, and improving on sound proofing and silencing the creaks and rattles a 10 year old car has.

I've also just recently started the S14.5 conversion process...I have the S15 headlights, S15 JDM bumper,
upper and lower bumper support and retainer, and some fiberglass conversion fenders. Currently
looking for a CF hood. Here are some pics showing some progress:

Here's an interim shot as the motor was put in and the turbo components mocked up for final fitment...

Currently running 7 to 8 PSI, so next up is a switch to a higher quality intercooler arrangement so I
can turn it up to around 18 PSI on pump gas. Also working on getting the exhaust quieter because
right now, it is LOUD! :eek:

Looking forward to chatting with all of you. From what I've seen so far, this is really a great site.

Thanks!

S

Speedy

Hello and welcome from across the pond :wave: A very nice set up you have there :cool: Who made the manifold? I love the top mount design, a friend recommended Lovefab as he just bought one from there and it looked very impressive.

S

savatoge

Speedy said:
Hello and welcome from across the pond :wave: A very nice set up you have there :cool: Who made the manifold? I love the top mount design, a friend recommended Lovefab as he just bought one from there and it looked very impressive.
A one man operation here in the States named "BoostDesigns" sold me the manifold. During my research of his company, I discovered that he actually contracted out fabrication of the manifold to a company in South Carolina called Applied Technologies and Research, Inc. (ATR). ATR was known for it's Buick Grand National performance goodies and had a pretty good reputation for solid exhaust components. About a year ago, however, both BoostDesigns and ATR went under...won't go into why, but long story short, you can't purchase my exact manifold anymore for the KA24DE. There are however, several different companies offering quality manifolds for the KA24DE, as well as the KA24E.

The top mount looks good when popping the hood, but for exhaust routing reasons (especially with a 3" downpipe), I'm contemplating selling my top mount mani and going with a bottom mount from AMS, http://www.amsperformance.com, a performance shop based out of the Chicago area. They have a guy there (Ivan) that is working on a production KA24DE bottom mount for the street...

He also has a custom bottom mount on his KA24DET which has a run a 9.2 sec at 156MPH quarter! And it's a S14.5 also btw...

Linked images that follow are huge (56K beware):
http://turbo240.com/images/ivanwallpaper.jpg
http://turbo240.com/images/ivanwallpaper2.jpg
http://turbo240.com/images/ivanwallpaper3.jpg

S

S15_silvia_

very nice indeed!!

welcome too lol.

keep us posted and could you pst up some more pic of the car/engine?thanks!!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome :thumbs:

I was in the states not to long ago and got speaking to a guy (in "Toy R Us" other toy shops are available) who had a 240sx and was about ti fit an RB26DETT to it :)

S

savatoge

S15_silvia_ said:
very nice indeed!!

welcome too lol.

keep us posted and could you pst up some more pic of the car/engine?thanks!!
More pics? You got it...already have the front bumper in primer...

JDM lights for sure...I'm probably going to open them up in the next couple of weeks and switch
the shields out to get the cutoff correct for driving on the right hand side of the road...

And I just picked this up for a sweet deal...just need to modify the S14 hood hinge brackets by
adding a spacer to get the hood to sit at the same height as S15 hood hinge brackets do...

Topper said:
Hello and welcome

I was in the states not to long ago and got speaking to a guy (in "Toy R Us" other toy shops are available) who had a 240sx and was about ti fit an RB26DETT to it
Yeah, the shop here in the States that I had put my KA together was the first in the States to make RB motor mounts available for the S13 and S14. Top Hat Performance outside of Atlanta...one tech there has an RB20DET in his S13 and another has an RB25DET in his S13. And I've seen a couple RB26DETTs in a couple of customer cars...one was an S14.5 :thumbs: And they've just recently started offering RB crate motors.

I opted to stay with the KA24DE and fit a turbo to it...I wanted to stay with a USDM motor, rather than go the SR or RB route...easy to get parts for it, plus I love the off spool torque that the KA provides. And staying with the USDM theme, I've already performed a great deal of research and I'm currently looking for a VH45DE or VH41DE from an Infiniti Q45 for my next project vehicle. Haven't nailed down any specifics on how I want to modify the motor, but I do know that I want to upgrade the valvetrain for higher RPMs and add twin turbos. How about a VH39DETT that can spin upwards of 8 or 9K running 10PSI on twins? :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Just a question.
can you have a flat light pattern in the US?
If that's the case you can just remove the headlight, take out the bulb and use a small

to make that small metal plate flat.

N

nismotuner69

s14.5

Hello from the USA!!! :wave:

A forum devoted to the S15! ...and hopefully to those of us who can only get
the face :rant:

I'm working on my current project, a 1995 USDM 240SX. I've been at it for a couple years now, which
includes a completely rebuilt KA24DE w/ 8.4:1 forged pistons, GT32 turbo, custom 3" exhaust, retuned ECU,
Z32 MAFS, 720cc Nismo injectors, 6 puck clutch, lightened flywheel, Z32 brakes, Tein FLEX coilovers,
other miscellaneous suspension upgrades and other odds and ends. I'm in the process of sourcing
a M/T S15 HLSD and figuring out what tire/wheel combo I want to put on, as well as completely stripping
out the interior, and improving on sound proofing and silencing the creaks and rattles a 10 year old car has.

I've also just recently started the S14.5 conversion process...I have the S15 headlights, S15 JDM bumper,
upper and lower bumper support and retainer, and some fiberglass conversion fenders. Currently
looking for a CF hood. Here are some pics showing some progress:

Here's an interim shot as the motor was put in and the turbo components mocked up for final fitment...

Currently running 7 to 8 PSI, so next up is a switch to a higher quality intercooler arrangement so I
can turn it up to around 18 PSI on pump gas. Also working on getting the exhaust quieter because
right now, it is LOUD! :eek:

Looking forward to chatting with all of you. From what I've seen so far, this is really a great site.

Thanks!
Hey i'm new to could you tell me where you got the s15 headlight and sidemaker connectors i'm havin trouble getting them and sourcing them.

N

neosilvia

Welcome and nice work on your 240. I like the looks of that manifold. Too bad the company went under. Similar thing happened with the company that made the manifold on my RX-7.