What's new

Newbie from GB , Hi !!

E

evoboy

Just introducing myself , a wannabee for an S15 !!
Have a Mitsubishi Evo 6 GSR atm , don't intend to sell it tho !! But have got the bug for an S15 as an additional toy !!
How good r these things then ?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi and welcome :wave:

The S15 shouldn't be as fast as the EVO 6 in stock condition.
But the car is probobly more comfy to drive. I never driven an EVO but from what I've heard they are supposed to be pretty rough rides.

The S15 is a car which you'll have no problems with using as a daily driver if you wanted. Except for when it rains or snows :)
They tend to be a little tailhappy when wet :D

K

kieran

:wave: hi and welcome!

i went from a evo 6 to a s15 and never looked back, the evo was faster round corners no doubt but i still love the s15 more.......more to the point my pocket loves the s15 more as its sooooo cheap to run in comparison :D

E

evoboy

Topper said:
Hello :wave:

My Girl will buy your Evo :nod:
Cud never sell it M8 !! I've had it from new and it's an incredible car !! Just in the process now of building a 650 BHP motor for it , shud b finished for next summer !

Kimi , I know Xtreme , and as Ralliart previously , in fact thats where I test drove a 6 !!

Kieran , seems like we share a similar taste in cars then !! I know wot u mean about running cost's , but I don't use the Evo as a daily driver for that reason. Do like these S15's tho !!

Thanx for the welcomes guy's !

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome buddy i didnt have a very powerful car b4 the S15 but i love it so much and have always like the look of it so i could help myself and get one :wave:

E

evoboy

Yakozan said:
Hi and welcome :wave:

The S15 shouldn't be as fast as the EVO 6 in stock condition.
But the car is probobly more comfy to drive. I never driven an EVO but from what I've heard they are supposed to be pretty rough rides.

The S15 is a car which you'll have no problems with using as a daily driver if you wanted. Except for when it rains or snows :)
They tend to be a little tailhappy when wet :D
The Evo is pretty hardcore which is wot pushes my buttons !! The stock suspension is not really a good set up for UK tracks , errr I mean roads !! With a suitable aftermarket suspension they r much better , supple but controlled with ridiculous corner speed :D Also , despite the negative comments that r made , they r totally reliable , IF , they r serviced and maintained properly !! Problem is there r alot of muppet drivers out there that don't have clue about how to drive them correctly or how to look after them. They tend to create all the negative comments to placate their injured pride and wallet !! I have encountered so many Evo owners who drive the things like front wheel drive cars , trying to break traction by slipping or dropping the clutch !!!
This really is abusive to the transmission so they pay a high price in fried clutches & broken boxes & diffs !!
Mine has been 100% reliable and is still on the original clutch at 31k miles , & I don't drive like Miss Daisy :D
There is a specific technique to launching a 4WD performance car , if this is observed the Evo will luv it up !

Another problem is the the Evo's practicality is it's own worst enemy !! People perceive and buy it on this image , using it to convince themselves it's not such an extravagent purchase really !!! Problem is , it's a performance car in a 4 door family car disguise !! U cannot beat the laws of physics tho , a car with this performance will eat brakes , tyres etc , and will need lots of maintenance , IF the performance is used to the full !! If it's not then y buy an Evo anyway !!

I luv it , it's the best car I've owned , even after comparing it with a M8's (rich M8 !!) Ferrari 360 & Lambo Gallardo I am still more than impressed !!

Still , I like the look of the S15 :D

E

evoboy

LoL !! Yr a veteran then !! Handy to know if I need the use of a MUT II tester then ??!! Listen M8 , as yr a local lad , I'm in a club called WJPC (Worcester Jap Performance Club !) , we have a meet 2moro at the Watermill in Kiddy. Get along if u can , wud luv 2 c that S15 !! We'll b there from about 1.00pm , usually hangin around for an hour or so then off on a run , as u do !!
Same applies to nebody that want's to join us !

X

Xtreme_Cyborg

Gary, you should have come round mine Kim was here with the 15. :cool:

Anyway when we gona build this engine.i need the money and I dont charge that much!you know ill do you a special price :D :D :thumbs:

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
evoboy said:
LoL !! Yr a veteran then !! Handy to know if I need the use of a MUT II tester then ??!! Listen M8 , as yr a local lad , I'm in a club called WJPC (Worcester Jap Performance Club !) , we have a meet 2moro at the Watermill in Kiddy. Get along if u can , wud luv 2 c that S15 !!
Hiya Gary :wave:

sorry would have come along but i only just found this post :p
maybe next time.

oh and less of the local lad.......i'm a girl :smitten:

The difference between the s15 & the evo, the s15 aint so harsh as the evo.
it gets there but not with the kick like the evo :wack:

kimi xx

E

evoboy

kimi said:
evoboy said:
LoL !! Yr a veteran then !! Handy to know if I need the use of a MUT II tester then ??!! Listen M8 , as yr a local lad , I'm in a club called WJPC (Worcester Jap Performance Club !) , we have a meet 2moro at the Watermill in Kiddy. Get along if u can , wud luv 2 c that S15 !!
Hiya Gary :wave:

sorry would have come along but i only just found this post :p
maybe next time.

oh and less of the local lad.......i'm a girl :smitten:

The difference between the s15 & the evo, the s15 aint so harsh as the evo.
it gets there but not with the kick like the evo :wack:

kimi xx
LOL !! Serves me right for assuming u were a bloke then ;)

But how was I to know tho ??!! How cool is that then , a girl driving such a lush car :notworthy: U will have to get over to our next meet !! Was a good 1 today , about 35 cars turned up , everything u can think of , except any Evo's :confused:
This u might b interested in , we have a karting day on December 3 , top fun , it's in Stourbridge , u shud get yr :censored: over !!

Wot do u do at Xtreme ?

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Been off sick now for over 12 months :p so nothing at the moment LOL

but i'm getting better and hope to start back next year, part time to start with.

i'm supervisor valeter driver :D

Your meet had a good turn out for a local club ,
wont be able to make it for your karting as i'm off to Cornwall for couple of weeks before christmas.

maybe see you at a meet next year :thumbs:

kimi xxx

E

evoboy

Sorry to hear that , good to hear yr on the mend tho :)

The club is cool , good variety of cars & lots of enthusiasm. Turnout is increasing every meet & we have some gr8 trips planned 4 next year , including the 'Ring !!! Meets r every 2 weeks anyway so keep a lookout on the website & come along when u can make it. If u need a hand finding yr way over just give me a shout.

Have a good one in Cornwall then :wave: