What's new

Hello from Kent

Reaction score
Country
and so, it has finally happened. I've taken the plunge and imported myself a 99 silvia s15 aero in white

hi everyone, Im Bill and as you can tell from my user name, i am a complete JDM virgin but the itch has now been scratched- well it will when i take delivery around April 1st.

this will be my first turbo car, first rear driver and first JDM import so looking forward to new ownership, i will add some pics of the car soon as it is currently on a boat from japan. imported by the guys at Torque GT who i would like to personally recommend, they have been awesome and really helpful!

so plans for the car?

well it will arrive with no aero so the guys at TGT are fitting a full kit with spoiler for me and returning the rear lights to stock as i dont like the chrome ones. as for other stuff, will get some new wheels (7 spoke in white of some sort) and then get used to a car with almost double the power of my 206gti :rotfl:

once that novelty has worn off, will be aiming for 300bhp so upgrades will be walbro 255, injectors, downpipe, elbow, decat (car comes with a cat back already), FMIC and a map from FCtuning

looking forward to the challenge!

Reaction score
Country
Hey Bill,
got it all worked out I see! Haha. Just take the transition from a slow FWD car, to a fast RWD with no traction control very carefully.. Its so easy to lose control on a corner, or even in a straight line in the wet if you're not used to it. :)

God luck with the project though, keep us updated! :)

Reaction score
Country
ah how hard can it be?? im under no illusions how different the car is going to feel. a few guys are work are saying dont start modding it, just drive it as 250bhp will be ample. i have no intentions of tracking/drifting it as it is by far the most expensive thing i have ever purchased :) the only reason it came about was because i couldnt get a house with a 10k deposit- so i thought id by an import! will keep you all updated very soon

Reaction score
Country
welcome to the site mate, take your time getting used to the car (coming from a drift championship backround) my stock spec r can be just as sketchy in the wet as my 400bhp bdc car was when driving hard. Saying that they are great handling cars and you will enjoy every minute!

where in kent are you?

Reaction score
Country
im in a little place called new barn, its about 10mins coast bound from bluewater