What's new

Hey :D

G

gazza_led

Thanks guys:) Just been to see citisens advice bureaux and they reccommend only contact them via e-mail, i shouldnt pay them anything.
The fella there said send an e-mail, saying if they dont come up with the certicate(model report) in 7 days then i dont want any further transactions with the company. So ive sent that just now and hopefully will be sorted soon, if not im gona see trading standards tomorrow aswell to get some more advice from them.
They said that because i wasnt present at the auction all my rights are still in tact, but he doesnt think il see my deposit agen, which to be honest is the least of my worries at the moment.

G

gazza_led

Hehe :) i have just had an phone call from autoadvan saying they have placed the car back in auction and it is no longer anything to do with me, now i only have to get my deposit back.

But even though this has been sorted, its sorta opened my eyes to how risky importing is, so for now think il leave the dream of owning a silvia :(

Thank you for all your advice guys, and for the heads up, you have saved me ALOT of money and headache!
Appreciate it bigtime!!!

Kind Regards Gary

Reaction score
glad to hear its sorted out mate. I wouldnt let one bad experience put me off importing. Just go to a reputable company or buy one from a japanese company and do the rest yourself. Youll save cash in the long run. Ive been on the lookout for a silvia since february so just take your time :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mate, don't be put off, just ask for advice and opinions. If you see a car you like, let us know and we'll check the chassis number and let you know any issues you might have importing it. :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Don't give up.
Autoadvan made a mistake. Could happen to anyone. They should still be able to sort you a nice S15.
There aren't many companies in the UK with hands on S15 experience. It's still a pretty rare car.

If you decide to get another S15 with the help from autoadvan, maybe you can get a better deal :thumbs:

As long as you import a Spec-R manual or Spec-S manual in stock condition it won't be any problem getting it registered.
The Spec-R isn't that much more expensive compared to the Autech. You just have to add a little more mileage and lower your standards a bit.

I hope that you don't give up.
I spent aproximately three months researching the S15 and the import process and then another month finding a S15 which matched my criterias.
Then there where some issues with the UK reg. which my UK contact bumped into.
Helped as much as I could from a distance and it took several weeks before the car passed the ESVA.

So my import was more then complicated.
But it doesn't have to be.
There wasn't much info on how to import an S15 back then. Now with this forum and the SXOC aswell as alot of other people who has imported themselves it's easier.

I say go for it :thumbs:
You can give Autoadvan a second chance, change import company or import one yourself.

Reaction score
Website
www.gtiroc.com
Country
And as far as impotting goes i cant recomment Jurgen at JM Imports enough :thumbs: I expected it to be a right ball ache to be honest but the whole process has been a breeze so far and JM did an awsome and speedy job in finding me a low milage, Top graded car :thumbs: Waiting to get the ruddy thing is the hard part!!!!!

You could buy my Pulsar ;) lol :D :D :D

Stick with it dude.

J.

G

gazza_led

Hehe, ok thanks guys, i might take a look around some more then, g/f is pressurising me into getting a Beemer.
Il try some of the companys you guys recommened, and also the ones on the importers section of the forum, but just wana say thanks agen guys, makes me ill to think what would of happened if this would have only came to light when the thing was over here, Thank you

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
gazza_led said:
Hehe, ok thanks guys, i might take a look around some more then, g/f is pressurising me into getting a Beemer.
Il try some of the companys you guys recommened, and also the ones on the importers section of the forum, but just wana say thanks agen guys, makes me ill to think what would of happened if this would have only came to light when the thing was over here, Thank you
You could always have sold it to Sweden.