What's new

Hello from USA California ..........>>>>

89_240jdm

Hello every one,,,,, i have a 180sx type x with a s15sr20det am looking to buy a s15 but really hard to register in USA :( any one from USA ?

Reaction score
Can S15s' be registered in USA? Thought it can not be...
correct me if I'm wrong...

PS. Welcome to the S15OC mate. and it would be cool if S15s can be registered in USA.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome mate!

I'm 90% sure you can get them registered now, theres been a discussion about it somewhere on this forum as we've got a few american users. I dont know if it was the law that changed, or if the S15 has somehow popped outside the restrictions, but i'm sure its possible...

Any photos of your 180sx? :)

Reaction score
Country
Welcome.

There's only a few states where people have successfully registered S15s and its all been a bit Cloak and dagger on how it was done.

I'm sure you can't import them like we do in the UK, the same applies to Skylines, they can't be imported either, once upon a time but not now, occasionally there will be an S15 for sale on Zilvia and there always silly money +$30k.

Also any new S15s I see here are being used for drift/track not daily drives, that might be because there not registered and just track only cars?

I've been living in the US for 2 years now and my S15 still in the UK, If I'm here much longer my S15s going stateside, will update if that happens, road trip to Mazworx and Full Race :)

Jase could be right and there may have been a change in law but that will only be state law not likely federal, meaning it will only be a law change in a specific state, not across the board.

Anyway good luck with getting one to SoCal...

89_240jdm

Can S15s' be registered in USA? Thought it can not be...
correct me if I'm wrong...

PS. Welcome to the S15OC mate. and it would be cool if S15s can be registered in USA.
yes you could resgister for drift/track not daily drives ...or pay over $30+ kk and you still have a hard time getting the cop of your back because is right hand drive ,,,

Welcome mate!

I'm 90% sure you can get them registered now, theres been a discussion about it somewhere on this forum as we've got a few american users. I dont know if it was the law that changed, or if the S15 has somehow popped outside the restrictions, but i'm sure its possible...

Any photos of your 180sx? :)

also have some extra part for sale if you guy are intrested

new power pf
arc oil pan

Welcome.

There's only a few states where people have successfully registered S15s and its all been a bit Cloak and dagger on how it was done.

I'm sure you can't import them like we do in the UK, the same applies to Skylines, they can't be imported either, once upon a time but not now, occasionally there will be an S15 for sale on Zilvia and there always silly money +$30k.

Also any new S15s I see here are being used for drift/track not daily drives, that might be because there not registered and just track only cars?

I've been living in the US for 2 years now and my S15 still in the UK, If I'm here much longer my S15s going stateside, will update if that happens, road trip to Mazworx and Full Race :)

Jase could be right and there may have been a change in law but that will only be state law not likely federal, meaning it will only be a law change in a specific state, not across the board.

Anyway good luck with getting one to SoCal...
thanks for the info ,,

It can be done, I own one, but I didn't do the title work or import it.
can tell pm more info and how much you pay ?$ thanks ..