What's new

Hi, soon to be S15 owner.....

Reaction score
Country
"I originally posted an introduction thread and it was awaiting a mods approval, but that was a day before the servers went down, so I'm not sure if it's still awaiting approval or was lost. Here is a cut & paste from another forum."

Sup everyone. I'll be picking up my first Silvia sometime next week. My car of choice would be a Skyline (as my nickname implies), but the deal I came across for this Silvia was just too good to pass up. It needs some tender love and care as it has been neglected since coming over from Okinawa, but I'm the perfect guy for the job.

A little about the car:

2002 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec S

The motor and transmission was swapped out for a SR20DET/5 Speed tran from an S14. Exact mileage is unkown, but he's put on about 46k KM since owning it.

Below is what the seller had listed in his for sale page:

Defi Link with boost and temp gage
APexi power fc with hand controller
HKS diff
Coilovers
GTR wheels (R32)
Top mount turbo

It does come with a couple of issues, but will be addressed quickly. The front bumper is broken up pretty good. The car was set up to drift while in Oki and the front bumper has seen better days (no structural damage though) and one of the rims is cracked. He found out when he purchased new tires and they would not put it on the cracked one. Currently he has 2 GTR wheels in the rear and a set of his drift wheels on the front. I'll be looking for a bumper this weekend, perhaps may even go with a full body kit. And I'll also be doing some wheel shopping as well. Thinking about going to 18". The car does have a few dings in the body, but other than that, it is in great shape.

Another issue it has is the speedometer doesn't work. He says that when they did the engine swap, the wiring for the speedometer wasn't long enough to reach. It sounds to me it should be an easy fix, but since I don't know much about motor work (although I have a ton of experience in autobody work, and know how to tear a car apart), I hope it isn't something that will cause me to dig way too much into the engine bay. If anyone has any tips to this, please let me know.

I'll be uploading some pics as soon as I pick her up. I plan to do some mods, but am told this car already has around 380ish hp. Not sure if it's true or not, but when I drove it earlier this week, it definitely had some power. Either way, anything around 350+hp is more than enough for me, at least for now, lol. I look forward to meeting up with some of you. Not sure if there are any clubs around, but would like to get together and see some of your rides.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome!
Sounds like you'll have some work to do but the skills to do it. Will be good to see a build thread to see what you do to it.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome mate :wave:
sound like you've got a lovely ride and cant wait to get it, i can remember when i got mine i screamed all the way home with excitement lol,,,,, and still do :D if you get any problems with working on the car just ask people on here there very helpful, cant wait to see the pictures

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys. I'm hoping Monday will be the day I pick her up. It all depends on our work schedules, but hopeful it will work out. I'll be spending next weekend shopping around for some wheels. Not sure what's out in my neck of the woods, but hope I'm able to come across some nice deals. I'm not too sure on what width to go with on rims. I want to do 18" all around. I've heard that 8-8.5 on the fronts are good and 8.5-10 in the rears are good. What do you guys recommend? Are 18"s too big?

Also, any good spots to go for body kits? More notably front bumpers? I'm not sure if I want to go all out right at first with a body kit. I just need something to replace the broken one that's on the car. I was hoping to find a used one somewhere that was already painted Pewter Grey to help cut costs down. Eventually down the road I plan to do a full kit.

Anyone know of any good body shops in the Brandon, Suffolk area? I would like to get in touch with someone about possibly being able to do the body work on my car and paint the body kit once I decide to get it. I figure if I can get a good deal, I may as well have them fix the dings throughout the body and hopefully be able to match the paint on the body kit for me.

Reaction score
Country
I picked up my car last night, albeit not legally, lol. I used the tax disk out of my wife's care and used that to drive it home. Didn't have any issues, and boy was it fun to drive. I need to figure out how to work the Apex FC Controller. I think he adjusted some settings when he had it shipped over here so that the importers wouldn't try "hot rodding" his car. I also noticed that when he had the intercooler installed, they didn't put the front bumper bracket/support back in. So pretty much there is no support if I ever happen to hit something with my front end (hopefully that will never happen).

So now my list includes new wheels, brakes, a front bumper/body kit, a front bumper bracket/support, maybe an s14 speedometer (since the engine is from an s14), and possibly a new intercooler.

Reaction score
Country
A place called Epracing sell bumpers separately might be worth giving them a call, although they are midland based. Any pics of the car? :thumbs: