What's new

Hi, soon to be S15 owner.....

Reaction score
Country
Hey everyone, been a floater on this forum the past couple of weeks and finally decided to register.

As the name implies, I am a Skyline lover. Been wanting to own one for a while, but the deal I came across on an S15 was just too good to pass up. Besides, my next car of choice after a Skyline would be a Silvia (or a Supra). This will be my first "tuner" car, and I'm very excited to get working on it.

A little about the car:

It is a 2002 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec S. The motor and transmission has been swapped out with an S14 SR20DET w/ an aftermarket turbo and a 5 speed manual.

(Below is what the seller wrote in the description of his sale thread)

Defi Link with boost and temp gage
APexi power fc with hand controller
HKS diff
Coilovers
GTR wheels (R32) (one is cracked and not on the car)
Top mount turbo

It also has a custom exhaust w/ 3" piping and an aftermarket intercooler.

I've been talking to the guy for a couple weeks now and was finally able to get to test drive it today. It drove great and sounds great. It does need a lot of love and care, but since I'll be in the UK for the next 3 1/2 years, with the possibility of going to Japan afterwards, I'll be able to do a lot in that time. It does need a new front bumper and brakes. It also has a couple door dings around the body, and the hood has a small dent. Since one of the rims has a crack, I plan on purchasing some new wheels for it. It currently has the GTR rims on the back and on the front he has some orange/red wheels that he used to use for drifting. It's a little bit of an eye sore, but I'll get the wheels and front bumper within the first 2 or 3 weeks.

I don't know a whole lot on tuning cars, so I will definitely be asking the experts here for their inputs. I have autobody experience, so tearing a car apart and putting it back together isn't an issue for me. I also can do body work, but seeing as I don't have access to a garage that has the proper supplies, those skills are nullified for now. I haven't done a lot of mechanical work, but I'm not afraid to learn.

I do have a question. The speedometer doesn't work. He said when he had the motor swap done, since it was an S14 motor, the wiring wasn't long enough to reach the back of the gauges. Has anyone done a motor swap and run into this issue? Anyone know of a guide I can follow to get it to work properly?

I'm going tomorrow to get my loan to pay for the car. Once I get it, I'll be posting some pictures and I'll be starting a build thread shortly after.