What's new

AE86 Owner

Reaction score
Country
Hey, my name is Matt.

I currently own a AE86 Levin.

I'm looking to replace it with a Spec-R Aero in the new year so I thought I'd better sign up and start doing some research!

Reaction score
Country
hi matt iam Luke and what a beautiful looking ae86 i really really like it and have always had a soft spot for them since i was a little boy, when i was looking to buy i was torn between the ae86 or s15 and i think if i had seen yours for sale i wouldn't be driving an s15 now

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Welcome, don't replace it, buy it a friend!

Reaction score
Country
the S15 will blow the AE86 out of the water with the power increase and a few other things, but just wont have them same soul that the old school drifter has got, i would think long and hard before selling one of those as they just have such a great driving feel to them

Reaction score
Country
haha yea i agree with meddler so much don't sell it buy it a friend haha

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the comments :)

Before I bought it I had the same view as you guys but it doesn't take long to realise your driving a noisy, slow, 30 year old Toyota!

If you look past that though I'm glad to say I've owned one, just looking forward to the comforts of the 15.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Very cool car.. I was only just watching Initial-D the other night (was flicking through my old films)..

Reaction score
Country
Welcome to S15OC Stokes ;-)

I love the AE86, and after driving it the other night i definitely think you should keep it. exactly how i thought an AE86 would be - that 4AGE noise!. with some suspension mods it would be awesome to drive i'm sure, but on the other hand i love my S15 - It's an all rounder, where as the AE86 i would have to say would be a second car, just a toy.

did driving mine help you make up your mind?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah Dave, driving yours confirmed it's what I want.

The 86 would be cool as a toy but I haven't the money to own, run and insure two motors.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some reasonable insurance quotes after my birthday.

A freshly imported Tureno sold for 8.5k through JM Imports!

I'm going to ask for around 5.5k.