What's new

First s15

U

Usafboyer

Just got stationed in misawa Japan with the Air Force and picked up a s15 spec s with the aero package. Loving it! Only thing I want to change is the motor. I've got the na sr. It's good but you see spec r around here all the time and they suck I want a turbo! By the way my names George. Any advice on my project car woul be helpfull

Reaction score
Country
Hi George

the JDM spec S is a whole different car to the spec R, the turbo is in a long list of things that are different about the cars, if you are going to do a engine swap, the think RB or even a 2J

U

Usafboyer

Why so? My buddy has an r32 with an rb20 and it just we a head gasket this past weekend. Mines not turboed but it keeps up with the skylines here in misawa Japan.

Reaction score
Don't listen to Spoonman, you might as well drive a Skyline or Supra (boats) Put a MazWorks 2.3ltr in it, keep the front end light as S15's are ment to be and you'll be a driver not a skipper

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Welcome!
yeah you can turbo a de but be cheaper to do a full swap wih a det as its not just a case of bolting on a turbo, there is a lot more work involved .
Get some pics up dude!!! Good luck with the project

U

Usafboyer

Scored a sweet deal on a det so hopefully going to have a turbo setup soon