What's new

Hopefully future S15 owner!

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd register here as I'm looking at S15s- hoping to get a (relatively stock) Spec-R and this seemed like the best place for information on the car.

At the minute I drive a 2004 Honda Civic Type-R; great car but I just feel the need for something else (that and S15 insurance is actually cheaper :rotfl: )

Pics of the current car:

Really want a S15; awesome-looking car and one I've wanted for years. Now to try and find one; never imported before so it's a whole new process for me!

Reaction score
Country
Hi mate

first off lovely car i think there the best civics good looking and the best to drive, and if your looking for importers defiantly go for mike at torque GT, hes super helpful, polite the prices are fare and the cars are always top quality and perfect to what you want, hes were i got my s15 from and would very happily go to him again for another car, and spoke to a few other people on here that have got there s15 for torque GT and its nothing but good words i here about the man, and s15 cars have timing chains not belts as i believe so try and get one with well under 100.000 because that's when chains have to be replaced which are not cheap

Reaction score
Country
timing chains last longer then the rest of the engine, you dont have to replace them, on a random occasion they will break but you have a higher chance on breaking a piston

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Welcome mate. Save importing one you could always buy mine? ;)

Reaction score
Welcome! :)

I'm just down the road from you about 20 minutes. If you're looking at importing then JM Imports in Newcastle are great. Got mine from them and had no problems.

Nice CTR also!

Reaction score
Country
bloody hell that's good and alot better peace of mind when your driving round knowing your not going to have some rubber belt go bang on you which ive had on to other cars haha

Reaction score
Country
Welcome! :)

I'm just down the road from you about 20 minutes. If you're looking at importing then JM Imports in Newcastle are great. Got mine from them and had no problems.

Nice CTR also!
Thanks, it's been a pretty good car to me but it's in the garage on Tuesday (think it needs the IACV cleaning out or replacing but I want it checking over as it hasn't been running right recently).

The S15's temporarily on hold as my contract at work is up in a couple of months- provided I can get another job ok I'll be getting one. I saw the Autech version on Autotrader/Torque GT but I think I'm more interested in going for a Spec-R at the minute.

Will definitely check out JM Imports, so thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score
Country
Well, good news- managed to get a new permanent job so I've contacted DCY Europe to start the import process for a S15 Spec-R :smitten:Threw the Civic on sale, and with the amount I've got aside I should be able to get a really nice Spec-R. The next 8+ weeks are going to be tough :rotfl: Asked them to search for a pretty untouched S15 in any colour aside from yellow. Already seen a few on the auctions so we'll see what happens.

Seriously can't wait!

Reaction score
Country
More good news! Finally (after being outbid on 7!) managed to get a S15!

1999 Spec-R Aero, 57k miles.

Clarkson 'smug face': on. :D

Will be here and ready to drive away in 7-10 weeks. Can't wait!

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Nice cars dude, i traded i. A 55 plate premier edition type r for my s15. Looking forward to seeing sum pics

Reaction score
Country
Couple more pics sent over today, and the car's going on the ferry sometime this week or so.

Can't believe how clean it looks for a 13 year old car!