What's new

Here's another swede... (got stuck with an FD3S instead)

B

bjornE

Found a car that is very interesting to me and I'm right now discussing the price for it with my contact. :D
Nissan 200sx Silvia s15 spec-R -99, 6speed manual

We'll see how things turn out.. :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looks like a widebody :cool:

Remember there aren't much S15 stock parts here in Sweden if you should need any for registration.
I've sold some stock bits from my car so they aren't available in Sweden anymore.
getting that car though SBP will take some work.

However alot of S14/a parts will fit. so it's just a moatter of salvaging i suppose.

B

bjornE

Recieved an email from my contact:

In swedish:
Tjena!

Det var ingen d?lig spec. Mest anm?rkningar p? inredningen som ?r
custom-kl?dd och omlackad, bara grade C p? den dock. Lite d?ligt lackad vissa
st?llen p? utsidan , airbags uttagna.

Roliga saker:

Annan turbo, lambod?rrar,widebody-kit och andra aftermarket parts.

L?ter som en kul bil, dom tror den blir ganska dyr. Ca 155 000:- hemma
tullad och klar med mina avgifter ?r ett skambud vi skulle kunna l?gga-
intresserad? ;-)

MVH:

/Micke
And in english:
Hey there!

That's not a bad setup. The interior is custom-made and painted, has only got the grade C though.
Some bad paintwork on the outside, airbags removed.

The fun stuff:
Aftermarket turbo, lambo style doors, widebodykit and som other aftermarketparts

Looks like a nice car but it might cost a bit. About 11.352 ? in sweden tolled and with my fee taken.
That is a cheap offer that we could try with.
Interested? ;-)

Best regards

/Micke

I answered and told him that I'm very intersested, I also asked about what he would take for the registration aswell.
Will probably get an answer tomorrow.
My backup-plan is Jenset who might take the challenge, he has succedeed with the most impossible registrations in this country and ows me a favour.. :p

Yakozan:
Regarding the originalparts required for a registration me and my contact has talked about putting them in the s15 when shipping from japan as "spare-parts".
Wich parts do you think I'll need based on the info you've got now? (that's all I know about it aswell)

Topper:
Are those veilside? That's neat.. :ghey:
I'm not a quitter, and I've got my contacts who've got their contacts... :cool:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
bjornE said:
Recieved an email from my contact:

In swedish:
Tjena!

Det var ingen d?lig spec. Mest anm?rkningar p? inredningen som ?r
custom-kl?dd och omlackad, bara grade C p? den dock. Lite d?ligt lackad vissa
st?llen p? utsidan , airbags uttagna.

Roliga saker:

Annan turbo, lambod?rrar,widebody-kit och andra aftermarket parts.

L?ter som en kul bil, dom tror den blir ganska dyr. Ca 155 000:- hemma
tullad och klar med mina avgifter ?r ett skambud vi skulle kunna l?gga-
intresserad? ;-)

MVH:

/Micke
And in english:
Hey there!

That's not a bad setup. The interior is custom-made and painted, has only got the grade C though.
Some bad paintwork on the outside, airbags removed.

The fun stuff:
Aftermarket turbo, lambo style doors, widebodykit and som other aftermarketparts

Looks like a nice car but it might cost a bit. About 11.352 ? in sweden tolled and with my fee taken.
That is a cheap offer that we could try with.
Interested? ;-)

Best regards

/Micke

I answered and told him that I'm very intersested, I also asked about what he would take for the registration aswell.
Will probably get an answer tomorrow.
My backup-plan is Jenset who might take the challenge, he has succedeed with the most impossible registrations in this country and ows me a favour.. :p

Yakozan:
Regarding the originalparts required for a registration me and my contact has talked about putting them in the s15 when shipping from japan as "spare-parts".
Wich parts do you think I'll need based on the info you've got now? (that's all I know about it aswell)

Topper:
Are those veilside? That's neat.. :ghey:
I'm not a quitter, and I've got my contacts who've got their contacts... :cool:
Are you shipping in a container?
As far as I know you're not allowed to have any loose parts inside the car if shipping with RORO freight.
I had to toss away a set of 16" stock Skyline wheels because of this.

I have no idea about what parts you might need for Swedish registration.
It's supposed to be 100% stock, but what do they know about the s15 :)
Your import-company will probobly know this better then me.

B

bjornE

Yakozan:
Yes I'm shipping in a container.
That's odd, my contact told me that the car could be filled with "spares" such as the clear taillights that "Nicely" has got on his ride.
We'll se about that too though, I haven't got an answer yet but will probably have one tonight when im back from work.
What do you say about the price? I have no idea what you've paided for your s15? (I totally understand if you don't want to tell)

As you say, what does the swedish registration know about s15? :cool:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
bjornE said:
Yakozan:
Yes I'm shipping in a container.
That's odd, my contact told me that the car could be filled with "spares" such as the clear taillights that "Nicely" has got on his ride.
We'll se about that too though, I haven't got an answer yet but will probably have one tonight when im back from work.
What do you say about the price? I have no idea what you've paided for your s15? (I totally understand if you don't want to tell)

As you say, what does the swedish registration know about s15? :cool:
With container shipping I think it's OK.
With RORO it's not. So you're in the clear :)

Good Price.
I ended up paying a bit over 200000SEK for my S15 with UK reg and everything.
Just the car costed me about 125000:- In Japan at the very same auctionhouse which your purple is at now (USS auction in Tokyo).
Could have done it a bit cheaper if imported directly to Sweden, but not by much.
Info about how it was done was pretty rare those days.

Will Micke get the car registered for you too? Or do you have to do it yourself?

If SBP decides that the car isn't standard you will have alot of work ahead of you.
I think you'll have to get the car back to stock condition and get signed approval from Nissan Nordic that the car is i stock condition.

Talk to Micke about this as i believe that it's the biggest issue.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
What grade did the car get?

Seams good for a landed price :thumbs:, although with that much mods i'd stay away, but thats just me, if you can rely on your contact and trust him/her, then you might be ok.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Topper said:
What grade did the car get?

Seams good for a landed price :thumbs:, although with that much mods i'd stay away, but thats just me, if you can rely on your contact and trust him/her, then you might be ok.
grade 1
interior grade C

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thought it might be :nod: Doesnt nessesarly mean there is anything wrong with it, but more chance than say a grade 4.

B

bjornE

I've got the answer that grade 1 was because of the widebodykit (if it were original it might had a grade 3.5-4 instead) and that the paintjob was bad.
Since I've got my contact in respraying a car that sholudn't be a problem.

Regarding the registration I didn't get an answer from my contact but I'm about to call Jenset today.. :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
bjornE said:
I've got the answer that grade 1 was because of the widebodykit (if it were original it might had a grade 3.5-4 instead) and that the paintjob was bad.
Since I've got my contact in respraying a car that sholudn't be a problem.

Regarding the registration I didn't get an answer from my contact but I'm about to call Jenset today.. :)
Not much time though. The auction is today japanese time.
So it could already be to late :(

i personally would go with a stock condition car.
Much easier to register, and chances of it being in good condition are better.
an average Grade 4 interior grade B with the same mileage should be about the same price as that purple widebody one.

Modified usually means that the car has been driven harder.

modified cars get grade 1, so nothing odd about that. It's generally harder to tell what condition the car is though as there is no way to tell from the auction grading.
however grading isn't everything.

But it's up to you what car you want.
But for head-ache free registration, get a nice stock one :thumbs:

B

bjornE

Sold.. :(

Wellwell.. there's plenty more fish in the sea.. :cool:

Got an answer from Jenset today, he wanted about 25.000sek for the complete registration (15.000sek for the papers on the car + 10.000sek for his work) This price was only for the widebody one...
A more original s15 will be cheaper he said.. :thumbs:

Yakozan: How much did you pay Jenset?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
bjornE said:
Sold.. :(

Wellwell.. there's plenty more fish in the sea.. :cool:

Got an answer from Jenset today, he wanted about 25.000sek for the complete registration (15.000sek for the papers on the car + 10.000sek for his work) This price was only for the widebody one...
A more original s15 will be cheaper he said.. :thumbs:

Yakozan: How much did you pay Jenset?
Don't remember exactly.
My car was registered in the UK first, so no need for the papers. Just a 900SEK one from Nissan Sweden.
I think a paid about 4-6000SEK to get mine registered. That was with light conversion. It was pretty much stock except the exhaust.

B

bjornE

Yakozan: Well in that case it might be better to take it thru the UK then.
Will talk to both Jenset and Micke again soon.. :)

by the way..

Found my purple love on the auctionsite now again, is that good or bad? :confused:
Or is it a sign? :nod:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It's cheaper to get the car directly to Sweden.
The ESVA test alone in the UK is over ?1000. Then there is another middle hand who would want to be paid.
Getting that widebody through the ESVA would cost a small fortune.

B

bjornE

Yakozan: Thanks for the quick answers. :thumbs:
Any news about any more swedes who will import an s15 soon? Guess they'll come to you and ask their silly questions since you're the only one in sweden so far? :notworthy:

I will talk to my contacts about the WBs15 and see what they say about prices etc, offcourse they want to make a profit out of me but if we'll agree a fixed price for the car it isn't my problem what the registration would cost them.. :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
bjornE said:
Yakozan: Thanks for the quick answers. :thumbs:
Any news about any more swedes who will import an s15 soon? Guess they'll come to you and ask their silly questions since you're the only one in sweden so far? :notworthy:

I will talk to my contacts about the WBs15 and see what they say about prices etc, offcourse they want to make a profit out of me but if we'll agree a fixed price for the car it isn't my problem what the registration would cost them.. :)
I'm not the only one :)
PJ has a pewter Spec-R aero which actually touched Swedish soil before my S15 did. However, mine got thorugh SBP before his :)

I only know of one white S15 which will land in Sweden in January.

Be sure to get that fixed price in writing. There aren't many people with experience regarding S15 imports. It's easy to overlook stuff and most times overlooking stuff means more money.

B

bjornE

Yakozan:
Oh, heard rumors of a second swedish s15 but haven't seen any pictures or evidence so far. He doesn't like attention? :cool:
You don't have pics or specs of the pewter one and/or the white one? :p

Offcourse I'll write every single promise down and get it signed before anythings settled. :)
It might be possible for me to get an ever lower price for the registration now, but I'll get back to that when it's certain.