What's new

Hey! Silvia in Cali representin!

P

Punghouse

I just got my 2000 s15. I love it. I've been trying to get one for 2 years now and finally got it! Does anyone know the differences between the autech version and the spec-r? Because I got the Autech version, and I think I want to drop the sr20det in it. I "HEARD" the wiring is exactly the same, and the motor swap is supposed to be a simple plug and play.

A

Autech_NZ

there are 3 main models of s15's the spec R - turbo model with the sr20det 250 bhp, the spec S non turbo sr20de 160 bhp, and the autech version which also has the sr20de but is uprated to 200 bhp with higher compression. It is based off the spec R model so has the bigger brakes etc, and is a great car standar(slightly biassed here :p ) If you really want to ditch the unique autech engine and tuning for a turbo then go for it. sell the engine to some poor bast@rd with a ka24 ;) .

if changing the engines you will have pretty much the same wiring but will prob have to change the ecu or at least get it retuned.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Welcome to you sir :wave:

When you say Cali, do you mean in the U.S of A?? Reason i ask is i heard you couldnt import the S15 to the states.....

P

Punghouse

HI! yea that is what I heard to but the guy who sold it to me had two himself. I just have to find some way to get it registered so I can drive it on the streets. As of now its only going to be a track car :cry:

B

bjornE

Just hope you'll treat it nice when you get it. :)
I were over in LA in June to visit my brother and saw a couple of Supra mkiv:s so brutally demolished..
The outside looked like someone had gone with a sledgehammer all over it and the engines where screaching loud.
The owners looked like they didn't care at all, cruising on Sunset Strip.. :cry:

P

Punghouse

Of course of course im going to treat her right! I re didi my garage just to accomadate her presesnce

X

XxDJCyberLoverxX

Welcome! I do wish to legally register a Spec R some day in the streets of california. !!