Hey, soon to be noob s15 owner:D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Duty and VAT are unchanged. MoT and road tax have gone up.

So, in all, as estimated, you would be looking at paying over ?10k on the road in the UK based on a ?6k auction price. And that would be doing a lot of it yourself. It certainly gives you an idea of the standard of the sub ?10k Spec Rs you see in Autotrader being sold at importers prices...

G

gazza_led

Damm! You really know how to put a downer on a guys morning. Taken the wind out my sails a bit there :(

Well ive explained my budget etc to the guys at autoadvan and ive been advised not to go above about ?6k in the auctions then they buy the car, ship it etc which would bring the price upto around ?8k,landed in the uk.
Mot i can get Free.
The guy then tells me he reckons i can get my SVA test done for around ?600 or ?900 if i want it done by autuadvan through an agency.

Road tax and insurance etc i have budgeted for seperatly.

Please tell me if these figures sound like alot of crap to you, cause then i can take it up witht the guys at autoadvan as i understand at the end of the day they want a sale and would probably tell me anythin to get my cash down.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Those prices sound OK. If its a totally standard car, the ESVA cost will be low. Its having to reverse mods, then reinstate them which can cost. And that's assuming the standard parts are held by them.

Sorry to depress you. Better you know these things up front than them being a shock later. Its the duty and VAT which bump the price up, unfortunately :( You're talking ?2k+ on a ?6k auction price with shipping.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I personally think that you could get a pretty nice S15 Spec-R with about 7-90000km for ?6000 of the auctions.
Grade 4 one.
Not mint condition. But overall pretty good.
Probobly on the lower side of grade 4 with some small stuff to fix.

The ?900 price for ESVA is possible.
I didn't have to pay VAT for mine (don't know why really) so I payed about ?1100.

The more aftermarket parts the car comes with from Japan, the more ESVA will cost.
I had to change wheels and exhaust for the test to be able to pass.
You also have to supply the stock parts if the import company doesn't do this.

Ask the import company how the deal with the aftermarket parts issue.
Do they supply the parts or do you have to?
Do you have to fit the parts or is that already in their price?

G

gazza_led

OK, thanks i will e-mail them now and ask about that, ive been trying to find one as standard as possible anyway to be honest, wana put my own mark on it :)

This is very confusing and if the VAT is gona cost that much then it seems autoadvan cant really import it for that price

Please if its not too much could you check this site out www.autoadvan.co.uk and maybe look at what they say, as its all seems to good to be true if the prices you guys are quoting are accurate.

Yes Yako it is a grade 4 ones i have been looking at, they seem to be in very good condition, from the pictures and inspection reports. But i didnt know about it costing more if the car has mods on it, that will help me when looking thanks :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
gazza_led said:
OK, thanks i will e-mail them now and ask about that, ive been trying to find one as standard as possible anyway to be honest, wana put my own mark on it :)

This is very confusing and if the VAT is gona cost that much then it seems autoadvan cant really import it for that price

Please if its not too much could you check this site out www.autoadvan.co.uk and maybe look at what they say, as its all seems to good to be true if the prices you guys are quoting are accurate.

Yes Yako it is a grade 4 ones i have been looking at, they seem to be in very good condition, from the pictures and inspection reports. But i didnt know about it costing more if the car has mods on it, that will help me when looking thanks :)
The actual test doesn't cost more.
The cost is changing the aftermarket parts for stock parts and then change back.

Just so there is no misunderstanding :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To purchase from our stock section, let us know which vehicle interests you. We will then double check sales status. The price quoted so that it is easy for our UK customers to understand. Vehicle prices are landed in the UK with all fees paid, includes the following:

* FOB and purchasing costs
* Transport costs to docks in Japan
* Shipping
* Import duty and VAT
* Shipping agent fee
* Our agent fee
I would like them to provide a breakdown of how a ?6k auction price interpets to ?8k with all that included :eek: Duty and VAT alone is ?1755 on just the auction price.

EDIT: forget that. That's from their STOCK section, not a full import.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Once you have paid your deposit, simply visit our site and search for your vehicle, there are no bidding fees, translation fees, shipping fee, agent fees, duty or tax. We will take care of those calculations for you. Let us know the UK landed price you would like to pay and we will do the rest.

On arrival, pick your vehicle up and MOT it. A SVA test is needed for vehicles under 10 years old. If you wish, we can also arrange these for you. Let us know if you require our services.

If were were not able to purchase that vehice within your requested budget then we will advise accordingly and help you select more vehicles.

We look forward to doing business with you.
If they are saying they can get you a ?6k auction price vehicle within a UK budget of ?8k, I don't believe it.

G

gazza_led

ok, well what do you recommend, proceed with caution and ask for prices all the way through the prosess or try somewhere different?

I have e-mailed companys like torque-gt like someone suggested but never seem to get reply's this is the only company that reply's same day to e-mails.

Ok well thanks for all your critism's guys, atleast i am alot more weary now and checking everything out before i put any cash down :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its odd you haven't had a reply from Torque. They are usually very good and have supplied many of our cars.

Difficult to suggest how to proceed. If Autoadvan say they can get a decent car within you budget, I don't see any reason why not to proceed. Just ask for a breakdown of their price calculations.

Before committing to a car, try to get the chassis number. We can verify quite a bit of info about the car.

G

gazza_led

OK thank you :) i will do that. By the way apprciate you guys givening me all this advice :)

S

Speedy

I have recently been emailing Torque GT to track progress on my hopefull purchase and i get a email next day without fail Mike and Tristan are both very good at what they do and im glad to be doing business with them. I know Mikes just got back off Holiday so if you have been emailing him he might have only just received the emails?

G

gazza_led

No it was tristan i have been e-mailing, i got the first e-mail back pretty promptly, but havent heard a thing since, i have just sent a follow on e-mail to see if anything happening, as i have requested a finance deal one the white silvia they currently have in stock, as if they are goning to allow me to use one of their finance arrangements, i can aford a bit more for the car :) Hopefully might here from them next week, i will keep you posted

S

Speedy

I put a deposit down on that White one when they bought it Japan :thumbs: I asked them to find me one stock engine with aero kit and no rear spoiler lol

G

gazza_led

Awww dude :(

Been looking in the auctions for next week and there looks to be some nice ones, so im on a mission this week to have a deposit down on one, and it on its way by next week, fingers crossed il get it sorted :)

that is if speedy stays away from my bloody cars! :D

Reaction score
what ever you do, don't rush!

you could end with a shitter... as said 8k is extremely cheap... so just be careful! :)