What's new

Holly - 19, Tasmania Australia.

S

SillySilvia

And vis versa! I don't know correct terms of some things or what some parts do :p

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Mine seems to recover almost all of the time, but if I have been booting it and come off the throttle entirely, and come to a stop, it cuts out if i don't blip it. I'll have to look into idle control valve stuff, see if it's worth looking at replacing soon.

Forgot to say, welcome to the club :) It's so helpful
Wish my dad was a mechanic, would make my life a bit easier. Any super plans for your S15?

S

SillySilvia

Its mainly when its cold that it will do it to me i think.. also when i boot it.

Thanks! I couldnt find any other forums like this around - specifically for s15's..
No super plans yet - Im not really sure what to do with her. It is my daily, so im pretty happy with stock height at the moment with a non scraped front guard. :p Im also loving the stock mags - although, if the right sort come along id be happy to throw them on. Under the bonnet - There are so many things i could do im sure, im just not aware of what i can do yet. All part of the learning process i guess. It has the obvious front mount.. and an after market BOV - which im seriously considering taking it off. But other then that its stock.. So i have so many options and paths! :p

S

SillySilvia

I do have it.. I wasnt sure whether to put it back on or leave it off all together - to be honest the only thing i know about the difference is that the plumb back - obviously pushes the air back into the motor, and the after market releases it completely (or something alike) ...Noise wise will it change?

S

SillySilvia

Quieter will probably be another plus as well.. The police wont watch me as closely that way.

Reaction score
If the car has had a front mount fitted and had no other adjustment I would pretty much bet all you need to do is a very slight adjustment to the black plastic screw in you idle control valve. make a little mark so you know where it sat before you tweak it and make very small adjustments I would say 16th of a turn in/clockwise and you will find your idle will stabilise I have done this to 5 SR powered cars that I have fitted FMC's to and they have been happy ever since.. inc my own.. Max will vouch for my work and experience with cars..

And it's fantastic to see ladies getting into the nitty gritty of mechanics and above all while learning never think a question is silly! We all started with no knowledge at all and learned by asking questions and watching. If you take the time to learn and understand how things work and why they work the way they do you will enjoy mechanics more as your confidence will be better. There are many who spout about what they know but have very little understanding, especially with turbos and the big one suspension.
Feel free to PM me with any questions I will answer as clearly and un-patronizing as poss and if I can't answer I will try to find someone who can..
And enjoy the fantastic car that you have got, S-body Nissan's are the best..