What's new

Hello from UK on the look...

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, my names Jay and I am from the UK.

In need of some advice, just sold my car after 4 hard months and now on the look for something new. So far narrowed it down to a 350z or a nissan Silvia S15.

Just want a few details on what I should expect to pay and if there are any for sale at the moment in either "Gun Metal Grey" or "White". Got a budget of 10k so point me in the right direction.

Would like around a 2000-2001 plate car and willing to travel for the right one. Anyways hopefully become part of the club soon if i find the perfect S15. :D

Reaction score
Country
Hello Jay! Welcome to the forum :D

Go for a S15, alot rarer than 350z's and just look better in my opinion, with a £10k budget you should find a really good example! Could even possibly get one imported from Japan with that sort of money :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Welcome along mate :) I'd say go for the s15, the only downside to them is they have so much available for them that you end up spending a fortune lol

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the nice welcome guys, what price should I look at paying say for a 2000 plate on around 40k miles?

Well as long as it keeps me active and don't break il be happy :p Any good sites to look on for ones for sale in the UK and Ireland?

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the nice welcome guys, what price should I look at paying say for a 2000 plate on around 40k miles?

Well as long as it keeps me active and don't break il be happy :p Any good sites to look on for ones for sale in the UK and Ireland?

You'd be paying around £7-10k, depending on spec/mod's

As for looking for one probably here/pistonheads/driftworks/SXOC/eBay/auto trader/torque GT/JM Imports

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I had a 350Z for just under 2 years, and now own a Silvia. Depends what you want in a car, both are very different.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well I have always had turbo cars so swaying more to the S15. But i love the sound of the 350z, i like my rare cars so S15 seems the answer think i have only seen two on the road in nearly 5years.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Welcome, the 15 would get my vote. I find winding a turbo up far more enjoyable than the big v in the 350. Will get a very good one for that budget. :)

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
More I have looked into it defo going to be the S15. Only problem where are they all?! don't really want to go down the import route just yet only because I will need the car in the next 3 weeks.

Anyone know of any white or gun metal ones for sale either in the UK or Ireland? be great help. Would like to be in good condition as it will be more a show car than used for drifting.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
3 weeks to find a S15?! I spend over six months looking for one. My advice would be not to rush into anything take time to find the right one.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I don't want to rush, only problem I have is I work 20miles away and just sold my car when i wasn't expecting too. So have no car to get around atm, but I am going down to Japfest this weekend so will have a look around see if any are for sale there.

Whats the average delivery time if ordered from Japan?

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Took me a year to find the one I wanted (which ended up being the import route)

It's roughly 2 to 2 1/2 months from Auction to being ready in the UK.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well I have been looking and doing research on them since about November last year, but wasn't ready to buy so the ones I liked sold now Im ready to buy there all gone lol.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
One thing I will say is don't rush buying one, get one you want. If you have to, buy a cheap run around for a few months (this is what I did after my 350z sold)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Too heavy, not enough power for the weight of it and just felt more of a cruiser than a sports car. It sounded amazing with a full exhaust system but the performance for 19-20mpg wasn't enough.

Reaction score
Country
I suggest buying a road bike for your daily commute and take your time to find an S15. They're definitely worth the wait!!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer thats what I'm worried about with the 350z, I like light nimble cars lol. Car is only form of transport, have no licence for a bike and a pedal bike i would be dead after one journey haha. Well a few that I have spotted I'm going for a view see if there what i want in a S15, not buying just yet.

Reaction score
do what viper did and get one imported via jm-imports, fresh imports 9 times out of 10 are in better condition (especially the chassis).

i had a 350z mate and always wanted more power.

turbocharged cars are the way.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
I found one on the net on a tuesday, bought it the saturday. hadn't really been looking for one either..it just caught my eye. So far *touches wood* shes been great.

Have you tried visiting import garages and seeing what fresh imports they have on the forecourt. Mine was in the country all ready...just needed registering which took 10 days.

I paid 10k for my 30k miler (iv taken that with a pinch of salt) in white with a decent list of mods on it. Is on a T plate though so 1999 rather than 2k.