What's new

Hey From Australia

M

matt_S15

Hi everyone

In 5 weeks ill be the proud owner of a 01 S15 and cant wait..

I was just wondering if theres any problems i should look for before buying this car..

It standard apart from the exhaust and has barely been driven as the owner worked in the mines and didnt drive it to often.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Cheers Matt...

Reaction score
Sounds pretty tidy,how many K's on it? If it has a good service history then there should not be any problems

M

matt_S15

it only has 120,000 on it and has been serviced regularly paying 11000 for it off my partners brother so keen to get it lol...

Reaction score
Thats a very good price. If it has been running mostly in stock trim then it should be in good condition

M

matt_S15

yeh it had he doesnt drive it very hard and has only put a 3 inch exhaust on it... so im stoked i know its not good to wish your life away but bring on the end of april... :)

D

DK Son

Hey welcome man, this is my first post, just signed up myself and I'm from Sydney, Aus.

After owning mine since June last year there are MANY things I know to check for for next time.

When you start up the car do you hear a rattle from the engine? If so it could be that the VCT is about to go (very common problem in Sr20 engines). OEM part from Nissan is like $500 plus labour for someone to fit it.

Get the VIN and do a revs check. $22 to find out if the car was a write off is a good investment (when you are spending $15k+), however there are ways of telling if it was a repairable write off anyway. Paint mis-matching etc.

Just leaving work though, will reply again if I remember to later :D

Also, mine came with an aftermarket fan and shroud. The fuse that powers the fan died in this and the car instantly overheated and blew cylinder 4. Got a new engine ($3k installed).

Stock clutch fan is win!!!