What's new

New member from Japan!

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys! I'm a new member to this forum, been lurking around for the past day or so and found a couple articles and progress on other members cars I found interesting so I figure I'd join.:D
About me: I am an American living in Japan (non-military). I have about 6 years drifting experience. started in the states with a 240sx (S13 coupe). that car was fully built and ready for Formula D pro-am. then I moved to Japan and got into another S13 Silvia. met up with acouple good guys and spend most of our nights up in the mountains or at different tracks. I parted out the S13 and got into a C33 Laurel and swapped an SR into it. drove that around for the last two years, just recently sold it and purchased an S15 spec R.
well, anyways looking forward to share my new S15 build with you all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hello and welcome to the forum, I am jealous I want to live in Japan lol any tips on how to learn Japanese?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the friendly welcome guys. I will be sure to post pics when I get a chance on my previous cars and some video of track events I made.
So I guess I forgot to talk about what car I purchased and my future plans. LOL
I picked up a 1999 SPEC R. Pearl white with acouple modifications to it without bieng too molested.
-HKS coilovers
-18 rims w/ADVAN Neova AD08's front and rear. (forgot the maker of the rims cause Im not really into em and will be swapping those out soon)
-APEXi Power FC
-under the hood is pretty much stock, came with aftermarket coilpacks and HKS intake, FMIC.
-Exhaust is 3" turbo elbow to downpipe, with a very ristrictive exhaust. I have a new one on order. (Blade 3")
-Vertex front aero.

I have a bunch of parts I will be installing and ordering new stuff over these next couple months so I be sure to take pics and update when I can.
future projects I have on the drawing board are.....
-Remove ABS. (looking at swapping with an S14 non ABS BMC and lines to fix that problem)
-Remove rear spoiler
-Install 2 way diff
-Upgrade ALL suspension arms and install knuckles
-find some nice rims!
-5 speed swap

Im not sure if there are alot of drifters on this forum but I hope to meet a few here as our modifications tend to be alittle different that the normal "spirited driver".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hello and welcome to the forum, I am jealous I want to live in Japan lol any tips on how to learn Japanese?
ha ha! Well, I dont speak it fluently so I couldnt tell you. I just pick up words as I go I guess. I have been here for 3 years and have a Japanese wife so if I really need a translator for serious buisiness then she helps me out. :p I do study a bit here and there and have taken some college classes on Japanese language so I guess the best way is just take some courses in school. One recomendation I can give you though is If your a guy then you should probably learn japanese from another guy. the women speak japanese alittle differently so you may end up sounding kind of feminine if you learn from a japanese woman.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Welcome, by the way, it's a Spec R.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome, by the way, it's a Spec R.
thanks dude!

so lets see....I finally had some time to put her up on the lift today to see what I'm working with and noticed the exhaust had some broken hangers and didnt look that great anyways. So I called up a good friend of mine (Kenji Yamanaka from Formula D if any knows who that is), He hooked me up with a new J.I.C exhaust :nod:, so all that should be taken care of here shortly once I get it delivered.
Also noticed one of the tie rods was bent. So I threw on a set of some Ikeya Formula tie rods I had laying around.
Im pretty busy these days but Ill try and take pics as I go and do some writeups on some projects I do. Im trying to get ready for this summers drift events and working a full time job and a full time college student as well with a family at home blah blah blah! LOL

BTW....here is a pic of me at fuji speedway in my C33. (the black car). I'll post more when I get a chance.
[/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
Cool pics mate, I'm learning Japanese myself and it is hard work. Fun tho heh.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
You have some good friends. :)