What's new

Hello from southern Ireland!

Reaction score
Country
So thought it was about time I introduced myself. This is my S15! I've had it for about 4months now and I love it!:smitten:
And so here she is..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Nice clean looking S15, don't see too many blue ones around :thumbs: That your 200 aswell?
Thanks! Ye I really love the colour, nice and standard too! Nah unfortunately, thats the boyfriends! part of his Nissan/Toyota collection!

Any idea how to get my pictures to come up without having to click on them to view?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks! ye its a spec s, totally standard bar the alloys! Thought the 2litre N/A would be a nice jump up from the 1.4 EP civic i had before. And it is!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
This looks similar to my car. The blue is nice :)

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Trial S15 and Meddler!! Had a choice between the blue and a dark grey one.. Went for the blue!
Well exterior will be staying standard except for maybe a nice splitter if I can find a nice one for the right price!
Got a nice JVC double din over Christmas so that's a nice addition!
Have been looking for a manifold for the non turbo (N/A s14 mani fit) but there fairly hard to come by from what I've seen..
Got an aluminium black top rocker cover during the week so am getting that sprayed up at the moment! Candy red or coloured coded with the car??
I also should have a pair of strut braces on the way to me next week!
Other than that for now I'm still looking for ideas! There are not too many Spec S' (that haven't been turbo charged that is) on here so not much inspiration! :rolleyes:
Any ideas??

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Whats wrong with the standard one? If you're trying to drift the viscous one in the Spec S is much better than the helical one in the R....

I wouldn't imagine the diff out of an R would be a straight swap but I don't know for sure...

Reaction score
Country
Really? I just assumed an LSD would be better.. If you think not ill leave it alone! Just thought it'd be a nice upgrade..

DarioG

Reaction score
Hi mate,

I was reading through your tread there, And that information is inaccurate???
The Spec S differential, is the viscous open one way differential.
These are practically useless for drifting/diffing about, They are unpredictable even at the best of times.
The problem is initially only one wheel locks on the viscous differential!!
If you are looking for an upgrade to this; go for the helical 1.5 way differential out of the Spec R.
It is a far superior differential for messing about, Although the helical differential never actually locks.
It does distribute torque immediately to both wheels unlike the viscous differential.
The helical is the best medium for a daily driver. As it is quiet and smooth.

If your looking for a serious diff for track-days or drifting then go for a 2way multiplate job.

kazz/Nismo/cusco etc.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Dario I kinda thought that about the viscous open diff.. How would ya drift with only one wheel spinning???
Would ya know whats involved in upgrading to spec r diff? do the shafts need changing and does it affect the ABS sensor?

D

dannyc6

Hi, you could just get a 14 diff and prop would bolt in! lots more 14 diffs available and prop could be picked up for 30/40 bucks at most I got mine for free even!