What's new

Hello from southern Ireland!

Reaction score
Country
oh brilliant thanks.. That would be much easier and cheaper to come by! theres a lot of s14s being broke for parts in Wexford!
Have you fitted yours? If so whats it like?

D

dannyc6

well I have a shimmed one out of a 14 so its very tight putting another standard s14 lsd in soon I'd say some of them are better than others depends what kind of life they've had I suppose just keep an eye on the ratios the jap diffs have a shorter gear in them faster take off but lower top end they can be picked up very cheaply too!

D

dannyc6

the abs sensor plugs in to the 14 diff same as 15 just changed propshaft (from box to diff lets say!) and diff nothing else it all bolts in driveshafts sit straight in too!

DarioG

Reaction score
In reply to your question,
Yeh I actually carried out this upgrade myself back some time ago.
And it was a straight swap. If your going for it, Just make sure the inner shafts come with the Spec R differential.
There is 6 bolts on each half shaft. There was no messing about with shafts.
As long as the differential you buy is complete with the two inner shafts.
It should be no problem and it will bolt straight up to your own outer half shafts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the info mate! will just depends on whether a Spec R or S14 diff pop up first!
You'll probably hear from me again if it is an R diff I get!

Reaction score
Country
Spec s just have an open diff only one wheel will spin , s14 has an LSD, viscous I think!
I changed the diff head in my old Spec S to a HLSD from a Spec R, worked rather well and was a cheap LSD upgrade, i just wanted to do two wheel skids....:)