What's new

ek9

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Any of the importers on this site let me know roughly how much I would be looking for a white ek9 in mint condition with low mileage as I am gonna be selling my fn2 to get a daily runaround and really fancy one of these !any info would be much appreciated thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, I'm not an importer but love the EK9's. £7k should get you a very nice low mileage facelift.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I got mine from him and it wasn't as mint as it first turned out. All I'd say is give it a VERY good inspection, wherever you buy it from.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheesr guys will be looking into this a lot over the next few months as hope to be selling my fn2 around xmas ,always wanted one and just can't get my head around having a normal daily drive,so going for a compromise something still fun but a smaller engine than what I have now! Will be sure to give him a call,seeing as I am in no hurry should be able to pick up a nice one.

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
Hard to buy in Japan currently, the good ones are appreciating in price. £7k will buy you a grade 4/b facelift with circa 70k miles. Same car but pre-facelift would be circa £6k.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
What the difference with pre face lift car mate?
Slightly more mileage than I was hoping but I suppose they are an old car so to be expected£
Would I have a better chance of finding a low mileage jdm dc2?
Obviously also depends on finding someone to buy my currrent type r,could be interesting the way the market is atm

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
Facelifts have different lights, bumpers and centre consoles

Pre facelift

Facelift

DC2's are similar money for a good 98 spec model (the one to have imo) £6k + with circa 60 - 70k miles. 96 specs are cheaper, £5k for a good one with similar mileage. Nowadays the really low mileage stuff is expensive and tends to stay in the JDM.

I guess it depends what you consider low mileage? PM or e-mail me with details of your FN2 and I'll see what we can work out if you want.

Cheers,

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I do love em both, the only other option is to get a civic shell buy and engine and gearbox and build a car could probably do that for the same sort of money.
I will pm you details of my car and have a serious think about what I want to do thanks for the info and therpics mate!

MWTech

Trader
Reaction score
theres a couple more differences than just a few looks changes im sure, theres a good video somewhere, il try find it, good info on it

i had an ek9 myself a couple of years ago, fantastic cars

i asked for a few of these to be sent to me around 6 months ago from an agent iv used before for my own cars, some nice examples out there, but the difference between good ones and rougher ones price wise is quite noticable, and yeah, they have kind of started going up in value if they are decent. not a bad thing i suppose if you buy now before they start getting rediculous like those bloody fat heavy barges we know as supras!!!! my god some of their prices are dreaming!!

Reaction score
I have had a EK9 and loved it.. My friends just sold his DC2 and that drove very similar. But he had a DC5 previos to the 2 and that looked gorgeous in white but prefer the older hondas to get the thrill of driving. you can drive a EK9 feeling like your a racing legend LOL.. Chuck them around like a ragdoll, rag the ****e out of the engine till the cows come home and it just wants more..

for the record the older DC2s have ****e brakes. EK9 came with good brakes from the start.