What's new

My experience with SVA

D

darkphoenix

Hello there to everyone. Waaaaaaay back in November last year i spotted a tastey s15 coming into the country via SVA imports. I phoned them up and put down a deposit. After many delays, lots of excuses I finally got my car....in February. (Pics posted in the introduction section). Advertised from day one with 79000 km on the clock I even asked them is it guaranteed mileage in which they replied yes. Having read what some of you guys have said about the company on here i decided to get a bimta check done which came back AFTER I bought car.....bad news......turns out the car had done in excess of 129000 km.
Now I'm not pointing fingers to who did it but it was either A) the middle man between SVA imports and the Japanese auction house and SVA honestly didn't know about it and trusted the person or B) SVA themselves. Either way i wasn't happy, demanded my money back to which they accepted. They came down 2 days later with a flatbed and £9700 in cash(as I demanded). They said any cost to the car which I had paid out for they would re-imburse, have they?? Have they hell. Think there is more chance of Joseph Fritzel winning Dad of the year award.
I'm not saying don't in any circumstance buy a car from them, I'm sure they have a couple of genuine ones for sale but please please get a Bimta check done first, it only costs 40 quid and will save you an ass full of hassel.
Good luck to everyone out there searching for a S15 just make sure to use a good company........***cough cough Charlie at Prodrift cough cough***

J

JapanS15

Its a Nissan, they run strong for a long time if proper maintenance is performed.

Reaction score
Country
Its a Nissan, they run strong for a long time if proper maintenance is performed.
Thats true but the issue here is that hes paid for something which isnt as described. Im not suprised they were so quick to give you your money back imo considering its fraudulant unless they really didnt know, however its their responsibility to make sure the car is checked out to the best of their ability (which isnt hard) before trying to sell it to someone as they describe it.

Glad your using Charlie, hes a top bloke and i cant rate him highly enough. Im sure youll be very happy when you pick it up next week and say hello to him from me :)

Reaction score
Luckily i bought mine from within the UK after it had landed and had the chance to do all the checks etc. +1 to a Bimta check though. Just adds that peace of mind. When buying from an importer, agree to a price to pay after a successful Bimta check. Then you'll see how genuine they are over the mileage.

S

S15 SILVIA

Welcome to the scary world of imports!
Cheers for letting us all know Darkpheonix.
When you getting your White one mate.
They don't seem to have the best rep!!
Mike.

D

darkphoenix

Should be getting my shiny pearl from Prodrift in a weeks time. Really looking forward to it now. Definatley been bit by the s15 bug.

Thanks everyone for all the information so far, look forward to speaking soon when i get my new toy.

Regards
Jack

J

JapanS15

Glad everything has worked itself out. And yes, I agree for you not getting what you paid for is B.S.!!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah good to make import newbies aware... the BIMTA is 100% necessary unless the company you're dealing with has already done the same check etc!!

D

darkphoenix

Got a date for my new pearl whitey.....8th of this month. What I know of it so far is that is has a full Aero kit. <45000 miles (genuine mileage this time). Stainless steel exhaust, aftermarket suspension. Oohhh let the fun begin :D

Reaction score
well turns out i have been done over on the old sva milage scam too, very not happy! got a letter for a service the other day think i may phone them and tell them to stick their warranty.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
did they tell you if they had carried out an mph converter chip and mileage correction? only reason i ask is that 79000 miles is just under 129000 km's.......sure there wasnt some mix up? not saying sva arent a little 'dodgy' but in this case it seems that the calculations work out......

D

darkphoenix

noo from day one before the car even got into the country it was advertised with 79000km. I have about 20 pieces of proof in writing. They said they put in the chip that changes the speedo to mph from km but from the beggining i was told it had 79000KM on. I wouldn't have paid £9700 for a car that had done 79000 miles...in fact i probably wouldn't have bought the car at all.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
this is why you have to always buy on condition......mileage cant be trusted, there are so many people at this nowadays.........

D

darkphoenix

Trust me i will. Already buying some nice white 18 inch wheels of Jez on here. I'm so excited....again.... lol

Reaction score
Country
having received a mail from dark phoenix after having brought the same s15 from sva i did call sva before the purchase and they did say it was in miles not km.maybe after the car was returned they changed the ad.but ino they def said miles to me.the cars going strong i love it and hasnt made me want to get rid of it too soon :) amazing cars :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
this is the thing, two years on and i'm still very happy with the car sva supplied me despite initial dissapointment with the sale, i know it back to front now and know that i could of done a lot worse.....

Reaction score
Country
ye thats exactly my point dean :)

itsonly been like 3-4weeks of ownership for me but it had been a enjoyable 3-4 weeks i still walk outside and see the s15 and cant beleive i own 1 especially with all the extras i dont have to spend a penny on it for upgrades :)

u got any pics up dean?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
there are loads around mate :nod: - i daren't put any more up as i'm starting to get a reputation as a right whore :rotfl: