What's new

My experience with SVA

Seal

Reaction score
Country
On that note Seal - which S15 are you buying? I was there for a day on Wednesday last week and of course couldn't help but poke around the 4 or 5 S15's I saw there :)
Ive bought the S15 white one with the Vertex Lang Kit...
But 3 weeks ago only 2 S15 were there, the one i spend my money (!) and another White S15, this one here => http://www.svaimports.com/details.php?ID=750
Did you see 4 or 5 news S15 ???

Reaction score
Country
Two white ones, the red one with a wide body kit (Kazuma?) and talking to one of the mechanics the red one with a 2JZ engine is still knocking about somewhere :)

White Vertex kit with Bronze wheels?

Seal

Reaction score
Country
White Vertex Kit with 17 allows silver... the other white has no vertex kit, just stock with Bronze weels :)

A

Altecians

Saw the Vertex kit one a few weeks back but it had sold. the plain one with the P1's was in terrible condition. So much rust!
They were pretty bad to deal with, almost as though they didnt want to sell cars!

Reaction score
Country
Same here Altecians.

They didn't even want to sell me a car.

That's why i did a personal import.

S

S15 SILVIA

Yeh, what's the red kazama one like, condition wise? See they have dropped the price a couple of thou!!!!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
The vertex cars they bring in are not real vertex, they fit the kits to make them easier to sell but the kits are quality....

Seal

Reaction score
Country
@ Altecians and Vinnie : It was sold few weeks ago, but the sale was cancel, they said the Bank from the guy who made the deposit could not make it after !
@ Craig : "They need to by the sounds of it !" => Muahahahah
@ Deans15 : Oh man, are sure it,s not a real Vertex ? they didn't told me that also ! damn ...

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
It may be a vertex, but if you liked it and the fit was spot on what does it matter what it is ;) this is my point. If the car is good and straight with no rust or mechanical issues and you like the look of it then why not do a bimta check and if that comes back good tell me why you shouldnt buy it????? Not one importer will take off a bodykit and check for labelling and check serial numbers against genuine parts etc, they will take it on face value and advertise it as such ;)

Seal

Reaction score
Country
You are wrigt Dean, but all i can say it's i'm not happy with a car which i have found out is not as they described to me. if i found out about the transmission myself, i'm sure they could have found out.. and they most probaly already knew. if there is no history of the swap, then i have no idea who it was done by.
This S15 does look very nice and that's why i've bought it... but now i'm not sure of everything, i mean if the car is good and straight with no rust or mechanical issues.
What kind of informations BIMTA can give to me (Miles, Grade, Hands, etc... ?)

A

Altecians

Well from what I understand alot of the cars that make it to the UK from Japan are not kept in Japan because of their value being too low.
The reason for their value being low is that they didnt have much if any history over there as it is!
Always best to hunt for a stock car so you dont have to wonder about the abusivness of the previous owner! Just my two cents.

Paul.

Oh an I wouldnt deal with SVA again, their descriptions on their cars were terrible. They said that they have to *remove parts* to make it pass import inspection.
Not to mention so many of their cars have been sitting out there for months (That Kazama was in such bad condition as was that stock s15, the engine bays were FLAKING with rust).
Just better to avoid them really.

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Be wary when an importer says they 'have a man in Japan'.... what 99% of companies really mean is that they are using a buyer based in Japan who charges commission for each car he is able to agree a purchase on from the auction houses.

What you have to do is find a reputable importer who has a RELIABLE buyer in Japan and this can only work off their track record and history of the cars they import plus customer feedback.

Torque GT and Prodrift are the only two that seem to continually receive positive feedback and praise from their customers time after time :)

Seal

Reaction score
Country
I can confirm what you're saying Lupix ! And i'm 100% agree with that (I am actually talking with Mike from Torque GT)
Just to tell everybody that we've find a resolution to my issue with SVA, we finally cancel this sale after a FULL refund. End of story, should i say happy end ? ^^
And by the way, I would like to thank Craig8585, who help me so much with this issue, I am obliged to him for this ;)
So, now, i'm starting again to look at a clean Spec R... and i hope i will find it soon !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
about two years ago i was looking for a s15 and saw sva imports and liked one of there cars but as soon as i rang them i didn't want it anymore,,,, why well because they were rude as hell, seriously unhelpful and were just telling me a load of lies and two years on they still have some of the s15 i was looking at so that says something doesn't it oh and i don't think there prices were very good for what your getting, where as Torque GT are absolute angels and more helpful than i could of ever imagined and if i ever get a jap car again ill be going strait back to Torque GT

Reaction score
Country
Hi I'm new to the forum and currently looking for a s15
I don't know If anyone will reply to this but it's worth a shot

I was on eBay found a lovely white s15 it was from sva
I gave them a call and they said sales are away until Friday fair enough so I said I'd call back Friday and find out some more
And possibly go see it Saturday there only an hour and 20 mins away.
After reading this I'm a bit put off
Also they don't show the millage on the website or eBay ?
Should I steer clear ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk