What's new

My experience with SVA

D

darkphoenix

Yea I was planning on sorting out those rattles but I wasn't going to fix the car for SVA before giving it back to them! lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just remember that a Bimta check isn't foolproof. However, it is an extra precaution and worth the cost, just like a HPI is worth it on a secondhand UK car. Also, INSIST on having a copy of the auction sheet. This will show a great deal about the condition of the car, including the mileage BEFORE it's sold. You'll have to get it translated, but come on, you're handing over £9-10k...

Seal

Reaction score
Country
Dears,
I'm just here to tell you my expérience with SVA Import wich is not finshed yet ! Sorry in advance for my poor english ...

- I've made a deposit for a nice White S15 Spec R (6M) from them 3Weeks ago, and Now i made the complete money transfer, so the S15 is fully paid !
- In my last mail, i ask Raef (guy from SVA, no complaints at all with him, he's kind) to send me the Chassis plate with all informations on it (VIN-code car etc...), just to compare Nissan grades as of October 2000 on this

- Everythings seems good (White color, 2001 model, Spec R) except one thing: The model of my S15 is GBYARU AS15UD4NDDA, and when you are comparing to thoses lines:

SR20DET6MTGBYARU YS15UD4NDDA-2,440,000
SR20DETE-ATGBYARU AS15UD4NDDA-2,487,000

You can clearly see that this model is originally a E-AT Transmission !!!

So do i have to be afraid of that ?!!! i dont know what they did, SVA or anybodyelse, but did they changed the transmission or is it another Chassis plate from antoher S15 ?

As Nicely said is previous post "If they're willing to falsify legal documentation or changing parts of cars, what else are they willing to do?"

I perfectly agree with the fact that i had to ask all these before buying, i regret that... maybe its not a very serious problem, but SVA never told me this thing before and i dont like that !

Now i have to cross my fingers or pray, i will send them a mail and ask more details, but i think its too late for a refound ???

If someone is coming here, your help will be appreciated :(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What is the Chassis number? Should be S15 followed by 6 digits. PM it me if you don;t want to post it and I'll check for you.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If you asked for a spec r manual 6spd and they have sourced one I wouldn't worry too much about it... Its definitely worth checking engine nos to the chassis etc but the most likely scenario is that it WAS an auto and has been converted to manual. Most autos end up that way anyway. I always go back to the old reliable saying, 'buy on condition' - as that is the most important thing of all. A car with spot on history and credentials could have problems lurking anywhere.....

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Personally I would be put off if it has been converted for a number of reasons but as Dean said, the overall condition of the car is the most important factor. If the conversions been done properly and well you shouldn't have a problem but you may have minor complications when coming to insure it.

If SVA sold it to you not explaining the change, I'd expect a partial refund as it's not a difficult thing to find out. It took me 2 mins with just the chassis number and I'm no expert.

Seal

Reaction score
Country
I don't know, but i really d'ont like because they never told me this change, do you think its better to cancelled ?
You see, i came to visit SVA 3 weeks ago and the S15 was very clean everywhere, i've checked with a friend ...

I really dont know what to do, i'm a little bit lost, i like this S15 but now this story change everything to me...

Do you think it's necessary to contact BIMTA for a full vehicule Check ? They could know those reasons of conversion ?

thks again ;)

Reaction score
Country
I bought a Grey S15 from SVA Imports a couple of months ago > again was an Auto that is now a 5 speed manual, no problems with it since :)

Seal

Reaction score
Country
Yes Tseng ? you changed the transmission yourself or it was done by sva ? How much did you get it ? MP me if you prefer :)

Reaction score
Country
No idea if SVA did the conversion or if it was done before import, I was already blinded by love like a fool :) £9,500!

Please forgive the pictures, my iPhone has a displaced lens http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/photo2qx.jpg/

And love it or hate it, I chavved it up :) the lighting kit has been sat on a shelf at work for the best part of three years, i thought hell why not! http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/photo1rim.jpg/

Can be changed between 30ish different colours and 16 different display modes (5 of which have sound activation) via a control box inside the car, but I roll with just flat red.

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
The fact that it's a conversion doesn't matter. Its first registration with dvla will be as a silvia manual so insuring it as such isn't an issue either. I doubt whether importers even bother to check whether it was always a manual tbh. The cars are just stock, and bought on grade and spec. It also wouldn't surprise me that importers such as Sva with lots of parts contacts too, import boxes etc as they can then source clean autos for less money, convert them and then sell them as they are, a six speed manual s15 which is what the customer wants... I personally would like to know about accidents etc but if it was originally an auto it wouldn't bother me one bit if all else was kosher ;)

Reaction score
Country
Yes Tseng ? you changed the transmission yourself or it was done by sva ? How much did you get it ? MP me if you prefer :)
On that note Seal - which S15 are you buying? I was there for a day on Wednesday last week and of course couldn't help but poke around the 4 or 5 S15's I saw there :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It would bother me. Not a lot but a bit. I think it's nice to know what your buying is how it left the factory and how it should be. Nobody knows the history of the box and other bits either. Ok, if your buying on condition then this may not matter so much but if it was side by side with another S15 that was identical apart from this one was a factory 6MT, which would you choose?

Do the autos come with helical or viscous LSD's..?

Reaction score
Country
I got my s15 from SVA, Raef's a bit of a Geezer, but he sorted every problem I had on the car after I'd taken it home.
Vibration from the front which was down to dodgy tires, knackered coil pack which he didn't have in stock but took from another s15 out the back, sorted, even the owen dev manifold which he fitted for me caused a knock against the ABS unit, so he modified the bracket (abs) to give clearance for free, so can't really fault them on the after sales, the only bummer was the 2hr each way drive to get there :(
But had the car a year now and apart from a knackered alternator which I sorted myself all's been fine.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Viscous, same as the S14

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hmm, I'd avoid it personally in that case as I bet it's still got the viscous..