What's new

My experience with SVA

Reaction score
Country
haha ye ive seen a few mate very nice indeed ive put some pics up bt not got the hang of it yet haha

D

darkphoenix

Oh yea Matt you might want to adjust your boot, it rattles like crazy, simple case of adjusting the stops to make it close tighter. Was going to do it myself but couldnt be bothered in the whole 3 days I owned it for lol

S

S15 SILVIA

On the subject of clocks being in kmh and mph, I've got an S15 comin from torque, and I've been shown the clocks are saying 81000 km
When I recieve the car, will the distance from then be added in miles via a speedo converter, or are they able to change the distance on the clocks from kilometers into miles?
Ie 81000km into 50331 miles? And Reading in miles from then on?
What is the usual situation?
Car is under 10 year old and will be having an IVA test.
Mike

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it all depends, not so many places do mileage correction these days, they just give it to you in km and from then on it will clock up in miles......but thats not to say torque don't set it back to its mileage reading.....

i really dont like mileage correction and dont trust import mileage in general, when the s15 was coming in to sva i made sure i was down there the morning the car transporter dropped it outside so they didnt have time to fiddle with anything - it was filthy after a month or so at sea - sure enough it had 57km on the clock so unless they had someone out in japan clocking them its hopefully genuine.....

S

S15 SILVIA

Not overly fussed myself, but think it would be good if the clock was adjusted so it's past distance was in miles, aswell as the newly added milage! I personally wouldn't mind, as I know the milage before it was shipped.
See some on here talking about clock chipping!?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
i got my s15 from Torque and as you said it was all in KM and now goes up in miles think mine is now about 109*** but when i got the car it was reading like 102*** I think cant realy remember worked out about 65000 Miles or so when I got the car

Reaction score
Country
Oh yea Matt you might want to adjust your boot, it rattles like crazy, simple case of adjusting the stops to make it close tighter. Was going to do it myself but couldnt be bothered in the whole 3 days I owned it for lol
ooohh yeeaah i have noticed haha but not got round to it yet cheers thow i did wonder what it was haha. :)

Reaction score
I had exactly the same experience from SVA IMPORTS, There Dodge as hell and scum in my books when it comes to imports. I had a look at an s15 there put a deposit down. Ad was saying 79,000kilometers, they confirmed this in an email to me, did a bimta check for piece of mind, came back with 149,000 kilometers on the clock which equates to i think some thing like 94,000miles. there's no confusing for sure they just jiggle the clocks and just wait for some unsuspecting byer to come along. I did however get my deposit back. Plus they didn't have a clue about how long the registration would take had me hanging on for months. If you in the market for an s15 go to torque, prodrift, japanese used cars. A company thats registered with Bimta (u can check on the Bimta website) and have the piece of mind that all is legit.

Reaction score
^^^^^^
yep that was my car, its a good car strong and pulls like a train but i would like to have some stern words with them. PM sent
there is no need to clock motors its silly and now i have advised 3 ppl not to but cars from them so they have all asked for their deposits back now

Reaction score
Country
even thow i am happy with the s15 i do feel like i wanna ring them and have words to see if they will admit to the car being returned etc.obvs my fault for not getting a bimta check but tbh i was not worryed as it was a import garage lol.but hey nevermind.i will be returning there 1 weekend soon as a few things near sorting.its 3 hours away but sod it i got a warranty im guna use it .mite aswell make a day of it :)

Reaction score
Country
I had exactly the same experience from SVA IMPORTS, There Dodge as hell and scum in my books when it comes to imports. I had a look at an s15 there put a deposit down. Ad was saying 79,000kilometers, they confirmed this in an email to me, did a bimta check for piece of mind, came back with 149,000 kilometers on the clock which equates to i think some thing like 94,000miles. there's no confusing for sure they just jiggle the clocks and just wait for some unsuspecting byer to come along. I did however get my deposit back. Plus they didn't have a clue about how long the registration would take had me hanging on for months. If you in the market for an s15 go to torque, prodrift, japanese used cars. A company thats registered with Bimta (u can check on the Bimta website) and have the piece of mind that all is legit.
was this a grey 1 by any chance?? 2001 plate £9799 if so its the 1 i have haha

Reaction score
^^^^^^
yep that was my car, its a good car strong and pulls like a train but i would like to have some stern words with them. PM sent
there is no need to clock motors its silly and now i have advised 3 ppl not to but cars from them so they have all asked for their deposits back now
Correct a monda, Yer really liked the look of it too was so tempted to go thou with the purchase but i thought with my head and not my heart.. too be honest if they had just been genuine with the milage from the start i propably would have gone for it, but if there messing around with odometer readings you don't know what else there hidding. still got the bimta certificate kicking around here too but i notice its on a different plate now than what i thought it was to be on. Too be honest the one i did end up getting has got enough miles on it but then again it was owned by a member on here for some time after origional being imported by torque.
I think cuzzy on here also original had a deposit put down on the same car before it came into the country but for possibly the same reason. maybe he can confirm?

Reaction score
crazymat666 i think yourone was on the forecourt at the same time. standard right? looked clean and tidy, ad was saying 47,000 kilometer or so if i remember correctly can't say whether or not that was genuine or not.

Reaction score
Country
crazymat666 i think yourone was on the forecourt at the same time. standard right? looked clean and tidy, ad was saying 47,000 kilometer or so if i remember correctly can't say whether or not that was genuine or not.
grey with front mount and carbon bonnet gold volk ray multispoke wheels?

the ad said 79,000 i rang up and they said it was in miles not km so really they didnt lie to me about it.but im still pretty f**ked off that they stitched a few people up and then put it back on the forcourt it didnt even have the turbo timer in it and the wheels werent balanced so had to get them to sort that out.overall thow they have done me well in the long run as i dont need to save pennys to add extras cause it has everything i want on it.

jst needs to go back dwn there to have things sorted
bootlid rattles
suspension clunks when turnin wheel
has a weird rattley noise now and then mid range revs :S(mite be loose heat sheilds)
revs drop a little when warm.

apart from that all good haha

Reaction score
Country
Correct a monda, Yer really liked the look of it too was so tempted to go thou with the purchase but i thought with my head and not my heart.. too be honest if they had just been genuine with the milage from the start i propably would have gone for it, but if there messing around with odometer readings you don't know what else there hidding. still got the bimta certificate kicking around here too but i notice its on a different plate now than what i thought it was to be on. Too be honest the one i did end up getting has got enough miles on it but then again it was owned by a member on here for some time after origional being imported by torque.
I think cuzzy on here also original had a deposit put down on the same car before it came into the country but for possibly the same reason. maybe he can confirm?
ye as soon as i got there i was looking around it and couldnt picture myself driving such a nice car but i would knocked off plenty more £££'s if i knew the odo was tampered with.who knows sva might not of done it mite of been a middle man but then again we will never know :( all ino is she drives fine pulls hard and turns heads and keeps me smiling everyday :)

Reaction score
make sure they know your coming for the warranty bits and have them because it took 4 months to get me a new mirror motor from them

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i got a new coil pack from them after a couple of days of letting them know......

Reaction score
Country
ye im gona ring them and tell them what i need .its 3hours away but sod it its still a warranty id rather pay 50-60quid in fuel than few hundred for parts lol.

sorted the boot rattle out :)
jst need the pillow ball joint sorted on the suspention and few other little rattles i got going on from somewhere

a slight grind as i pull away in 1st or reverse nw n then.
driving along in any gear jst under 3000rpm has some sort of rattle which is bugging me lol