Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked

*** Importers the Sticky - Please Read First ***

In this section you will find a list of possible companies who supply cars direct from Japan to the Uk, and other countries. This is of course a risk, as you are buying from spec and putting all of your trust and money to a company you don't know.

For this reason we, as a club, would suggest you that you use a company who is registered with Bimta ( www.bimta.org ).

To quote there website: -

Quote Originally Posted by www.Bimta.org
    BIMTA is the only trade association set up solely to safeguard the interests of the independent vehicle import industry.

Every Member has signed up to a strict Code of Practice which means you can buy with confidence.

You?ll find 1,000?s of vehicle for sale along with details of financing? insurance?
    servicing? repairs?spares?and shipping.

We can also provide background data on vehicles from Japan such as mileage checks, stolen status and outstanding finance.

If it?s to do with IMPORTS from Japan (or mainland Europe) ? we can help you!
    As it states above they can carryout background checks of any car from Japan so you know the cars history before you buy the car.

After having spoke with Bimta i would highly recommend you approach them if you have any queries, they are very freindly and wont bite

Liked

Don't even consider going to a non-BIMTA importer. You will get NO support if it goes wrong. And take it from us: there are some truly unscrupulous importers out there...

Liked

Liked
    so what is to be said about companies like "GT-culture" and "newera imports"???

avoid or just be warey???

Liked
    If they aren't BIMTA registered, don't touch If they are - fine.

Liked
    neither are listed on the site, but they're both well known companies..... i think? lol

and only just noticed the word filter that "corrected" my above post... i'm guessing you're saying straight away not to use them? lol

Liked
    I couldn't confirm or deny that, as I don't know which company you are talking about It is the experience of several people on this forum that buying from a non-BIMTA importer means you are on your own if there is something wrong with the car - particularly if the company has no official UK base. You have the backing of BIMTA if its a BIMTA approved importer

A quick call to BIMTA will confirm whether or not an importer is a member

Oh. And welcome

Liked
    cheers, for clearing that all up

i get all the legal babble of not knowing nothing ... lol

cheers for the welcome...maybe i should have made a welcome post before jumpin' straight in!

Liked
    When I imported my second S15 I first tried GT Culture, Ben came up with lots of cars but none in my price range and after 8months,still no car so I changed to Newera,they found one quick but when it arrived it had a leaking suspension which they wanted me to pay for a replacement,didn't in the end but then again they did not set up the waranty that they were supposed to.Wouldn't touch Newera again with a Fkin long barge pole,check out your importer before you use them.

Liked
    Thats interesting as IIRC Newera are meant to be one of the best..
    [|mintofruit.com .. ミントさんís own posting malarky ^.^ [] JDMtas.com f00! |]