What's new

*** Importers the Sticky - Please Read First ***

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
In this section you will find a list of possible companies who supply cars direct from Japan to the Uk, and other countries. This is of course a risk, as you are buying from spec and putting all of your trust and money to a company you don't know.

For this reason we, as a club, would suggest you that you use a company who is registered with Bimta ( www.bimta.org ). :thumbs:

To quote there website: -

www.Bimta.org said:
BIMTA is the only trade association set up solely to safeguard the interests of the independent vehicle import industry.

Every Member has signed up to a strict Code of Practice which means you can buy with confidence.

You?ll find 1,000?s of vehicle for sale along with details of financing? insurance?
servicing? repairs?spares?and shipping.

We can also provide background data on vehicles from Japan such as mileage checks, stolen status and outstanding finance.

If it?s to do with IMPORTS from Japan (or mainland Europe) ? we can help you!
As it states above they can carryout background checks of any car from Japan so you know the cars history before you buy the car. :)

After having spoke with Bimta i would highly recommend you approach them if you have any queries, they are very freindly and wont bite :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:clap:

Don't even consider going to a non-BIMTA importer. You will get NO support if it goes wrong. And take it from us: there are some truly unscrupulous importers out there...

Reaction score
so what is to be said about companies like "GT-culture" and "newera imports"???

avoid or just be warey???

Reaction score
neither are listed on the site, but they're both well known companies..... i think? lol

and only just noticed the word filter that "corrected" my above post... i'm guessing you're saying straight away not to use them? lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I couldn't confirm or deny that, as I don't know which company you are talking about ;) It is the experience of several people on this forum that buying from a non-BIMTA importer means you are on your own if there is something wrong with the car - particularly if the company has no official UK base. You have the backing of BIMTA if its a BIMTA approved importer :thumbs:

A quick call to BIMTA will confirm whether or not an importer is a member :nod:

Oh. And welcome :wave:

Reaction score
cheers, for clearing that all up :)

i get all the legal babble of not knowing nothing ... ;) ;) lol

cheers for the welcome...maybe i should have made a welcome post before jumpin' straight in!

Reaction score
When I imported my second S15 I first tried GT Culture, Ben came up with lots of cars but none in my price range and after 8months,still no car so I changed to Newera,they found one quick but when it arrived it had a leaking suspension which they wanted me to pay for a replacement,didn't in the end but then again they did not set up the waranty that they were supposed to.Wouldn't touch Newera again with a Fkin long barge pole,check out your importer before you use them.:rotfl::furious:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ah ok, well as far as i was aware they were meant to be good.

Plenty write ups online and their cars also seem 'mind',when iv spoken to them they have always seemed very professional and full of information.

Just goes to show you tho eh, not actually having imported anything from them i cant really Judge.

Torque dont seem to be getting back to me now tho...

Reaction score
Country
Thats interesting as IIRC Newera are meant to be one of the best..
I thinks thats just down to good marketing tbh. Funnily enough i always expected them to be good but i havent actually heard any good testaments...only bad :eek:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To be blunt, the reason you don't read many bad words about Newera is because as soon as anyone posts something derogatory about them, they threaten legal action against the club/forum concerned. However, GTROC and S15OC have made a stand on this and have decided that, so long as what's posted is the truth and is someone's personal experience, i.e. not heresay, and that it isn't libellous and threatening, it will remain on the forum.

There are several people on this board who have had a bad experience with them and an increasing number of bad reports are appearing on other forums. HOWEVER, some people have also had no problems with them. Personally, I'd go on what people who have bought the same imports have to say. :)

Regarding Torque, have you given them a ring?

Reaction score
Well dont want any legal action against this forum but if you are gonna buy from Newera, when they quote their OTR price (Total OTR Price: ?13,380. quote from there site) be aware that it isnt completely true and be ready to throw at least another grand at it to get it through the ESVA and anything else they can think of,I was told there was a slight noise from my cars front suspension and they would look at it when it arrived,if it had been inspected properly at the auction,by anyone over the age of 5,then they would have seen that 3 out of the 4 struts were leaking,quite badly as well.They also didnt do all of the scratches still that doesnt matter now its been resprayed with the Widebody kit on.You live and learn dont you. I think it is 'TRUER' :nod: Topper

My car on their sold stock page:- http://www.neweraimports.com/soldcarDetails.jsp?carId=221

They state that upping the boost to 1 Bar will give 330bhp,wow hope thats true as im running 1.2ish on mine,had it to 1.4 but just briefly.

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
oh well fair play i guess. Yeah they do seem to be everywhere lol.

As for torque, yeah iv called them up a heap of times now and waiting on some emails back, but i dunno i think iv sorta 'given' up chassin them. I do know they have had computer probs tho

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
They state that upping the boost to 1 Bar will give 330bhp
:rotfl: Up the boost to 1 bar on a JDM S15 without a remap, and you'll have no engine in a very short space of time...

Funny how most people running an SR20DET with a decent exhaust, filter and 1 bar of boost are only getting about 250-270bhp.

Reaction score
Funny that it wont make 330bhp with just that mod eh if that was true then most of us on this forum would be running 400-500bhp with the mods we have done,I must get mine on the rollers soon just to find out exactly what it is pushing out.Has anyone got there actual figures (bhp/torque) with the mods they have done.Mmm might post this as a new thread?