Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked
    Who told you that? You need to read a few more Jap car forums

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    meant ..
    yup u said it "quote" lol other wise no comment

Liked
    Ah ok, well as far as i was aware they were meant to be good.

Plenty write ups online and their cars also seem 'mind',when iv spoken to them they have always seemed very professional and full of information.

Just goes to show you tho eh, not actually having imported anything from them i cant really Judge.

Torque dont seem to be getting back to me now tho...
    [|mintofruit.com .. ミントさんís own posting malarky ^.^ [] JDMtas.com f00! |]

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    Thats interesting as IIRC Newera are meant to be one of the best..
    I thinks thats just down to good marketing tbh. Funnily enough i always expected them to be good but i havent actually heard any good testaments...only bad

Liked
    To be blunt, the reason you don't read many bad words about Newera is because as soon as anyone posts something derogatory about them, they threaten legal action against the club/forum concerned. However, GTROC and S15OC have made a stand on this and have decided that, so long as what's posted is the truth and is someone's personal experience, i.e. not heresay, and that it isn't libellous and threatening, it will remain on the forum.

There are several people on this board who have had a bad experience with them and an increasing number of bad reports are appearing on other forums. HOWEVER, some people have also had no problems with them. Personally, I'd go on what people who have bought the same imports have to say.

Regarding Torque, have you given them a ring?

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by S15RKM View Post
    ............. Wouldn't touch Newera again with a Fkin long barge pole,check out your importer before you use them.
    Never a better word spoken .... or is it truer....

Liked
    Well dont want any legal action against this forum but if you are gonna buy from Newera, when they quote their OTR price (Total OTR Price: ?13,380. quote from there site) be aware that it isnt completely true and be ready to throw at least another grand at it to get it through the ESVA and anything else they can think of,I was told there was a slight noise from my cars front suspension and they would look at it when it arrived,if it had been inspected properly at the auction,by anyone over the age of 5,then they would have seen that 3 out of the 4 struts were leaking,quite badly as well.They also didnt do all of the scratches still that doesnt matter now its been resprayed with the Widebody kit on.You live and learn dont you. I think it is 'TRUER' Topper

My car on their sold stock page:- http://www.neweraimports.com/soldcar....jsp?carId=221

They state that upping the boost to 1 Bar will give 330bhp,wow hope thats true as im running 1.2ish on mine,had it to 1.4 but just briefly.
    Last edited by S15RKM; 21-09-2007 at 00:05.

Liked
    oh well fair play i guess. Yeah they do seem to be everywhere lol.

As for torque, yeah iv called them up a heap of times now and waiting on some emails back, but i dunno i think iv sorta 'given' up chassin them. I do know they have had computer probs tho
    [|mintofruit.com .. ミントさんís own posting malarky ^.^ [] JDMtas.com f00! |]

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by S15RKM View Post
    They state that upping the boost to 1 Bar will give 330bhp
    Up the boost to 1 bar on a JDM S15 without a remap, and you'll have no engine in a very short space of time...

Funny how most people running an SR20DET with a decent exhaust, filter and 1 bar of boost are only getting about 250-270bhp.

Liked
    Funny that it wont make 330bhp with just that mod eh if that was true then most of us on this forum would be running 400-500bhp with the mods we have done,I must get mine on the rollers soon just to find out exactly what it is pushing out.Has anyone got there actual figures (bhp/torque) with the mods they have done.Mmm might post this as a new thread?