What's new

AutoAdvan?

H

Hostile Smoker

Hi guys, has anybody bought a car from AutoAdvan in Leicester?

I've done a search and found a guy who nearly bought one but after some mix up due to no model report it seems they sorted him out his cash back etc. which sounds ok.

They have a few cheap S15's on Ebay at the moment so thought I'd go along and check them out but just wondered if anyone had an opinion of them first?

TIA.

Reaction score
Country
Havent heard of them myself. I would however be extremely wary of any S15 being sold for less than ?8K. A semi decent non R grade will cost ?5K+ for the car alone in the auction!

Ask to see the auction sheet of any car you are interested in thats been freshly imported. If they cant/wont supply it id imagine they have something to hide.

Why not use one of the reccomended importers ?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM!!!!!

The S15 you are probably referring to is a Pewter Spec R that I have just brought off JM-Imports.

I cannot speak for every car they are selling but I can 100% tell you they do not own this one link as its now mine.

They are a genuine registered company and are active (did some homework) but whether they own all the cars they are selling is anyones guess.

Id approach them with extreme caution...

Darren

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Interesting to hear that to be honest as iv been in contact with them for the last year on and off and they seem fine, I cant see that link at work so i cannot comment on that >_<'

Reaction score
Country
Blimey Darren, i didnt even see that one. I only noticed they had a white full Aero Spec R on ebay as well (if you search for S15).

That pewter one is definitely Jurgens (now Darren's ;) ) so unless AutoAdvan have a damn good excuse for trying to sell something they dont even own (No mention of import fees and the fact Jurgen has had it in the UK since Jan) i would stay well away...perhaps even report them to Ebay!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It is quite a common practice to see the same imports advertised through various importers. They get notified of cars being shipped over by a specific supplier. They advertise the details and if one of them has an interested buyer, they can reserve it. Unfortunately, not everyone updates their info regularly.

Its also common for importers to advertise cars after they have been sold. They may not have any of that particular model in stock, so this can get quite a lot of bites so that they can convince a prospective buyer to order one through them.

Autoadvan's prices only cover the car landing in the UK and paying duty and VAT. On top of that price you will have to shell out for ESVA, registration, MoT, road tax, etc. That means YOU have to do the ESVA... So add another ?2k+ to the listed price.

H

Hostile Smoker

I cannot speak for every car they are selling but I can 100% tell you they do not own this one link as its now mine.
Ah, I thought the pictures looked familiar! Now I see why http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cars_forsale_greys15n.htm - I presume that's yours.

Autoadvan's prices only cover the car landing in the UK and paying duty and VAT. On top of that price you will have to shell out for ESVA, registration, MoT, road tax, etc. That means YOU have to do the ESVA... So add another ?2k+ to the listed price.
I knew this was the way they dealt normally but figured any cars they had "in stock" would already be ESVA'd so that was the final price, it would seem not then...

Cheers guys.:)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
I knew this was the way they dealt normally but figured any cars they had "in stock" would already be ESVA'd so that was the final price, it would seem not then...

Cheers guys.:)
Thats what i would have assumed, their Ebay listing doesnt specify anymore costs that may be incurred. Plus that Pewter car has be in the UK for over a month now !

B

baynz

a few mates of mine have used autoadvan for their cars from civic ek9's to s14's and they havent had a bad word to say about them.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Taken from Autoadvan web site said:
If your Japanese car import is under 10 years old:

You will need to have the ESVA test and a MOT. To pass this, your vehicle will require a model report.

The ESVA requires your vehicle to have a model report and speedo converter fitted.

A model report is a document that confirms that your vehicle meets UK safety standards. You do not need to make a model report yourself. These are rented from sources that have already had the model report made. If you are unsure if your vehicle has a model report, you can check here Latest Model Report List

If you have problems opening the list please send us an email and we will look for you.

In order to pass the ESVA test you will need a speedo converter. This converts your vehicle speedo to MPH. This costs around ?60 for most vehicles. We are happy to provide contact details on how to obtain one these. They come with detailed instructions on how they should be fitted. Any garage can fit this for you if you do not feel comfortable with this.

Our Service

It is cheaper if you did the MOT and SVA tests yourself. We leave this option open to our customers because this is the route that offers the greatest savings on your Japanese car import.

If you do not wish to do the MOT and SVA test (if needed) yourself then we can recommend to you a few garages at the port who will pick the vehicle up and do all the work for you. You will need to contact them for a quote directly and inform them of your vehicle arrival time so they can make the required arrangements.