What's new

Jap-Angels?

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
What do you guys know about this company?

Any good or bad reviews kicking about?

They have told me they can source a low millage s15 other there privatly and that he can BIMTA check it when its here, but im curious..

He's quoted a milage for it already, but what if it comes over and its BIMTA checked for like heaps more then what? I mean is the check done over here or over there before it comes because that being the case then the quote he's given could be rubbish?

Ok cheers guys.

-Mint

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
As in its done before its exported?

And im guessing you haven't heard of this company before.. Obviously with this sorta cash im very wary.....

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
These Jap import companies are springing up all over the place.

Getting a BIMTA check done is about as far as you can go without getting a full service history AND verifying it. Its very difficult to be 100% certain about the history.

You need to ask for verification on the year if its low mileage. There is no model report for 2001 and 2002 S15s. Some import companies can get them through the ESVA, but only be resorting to methods which are borderline illegal...

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah i was reading up on that aswell thanks mate.

Hmm so far this guy seems good enough, If i lay down a ?500 deposit he will get an Engineers cert, A video of the car running and has told me i would need to pay in full within 1 - 2 weeks.

He has said it would get 4 milage checks, a BIMTA and also a De-Reg? So make sure its not been stolen.

And from when i pay the money it would be 9 weeks to my door. Sound ok you think?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Yeah i was reading up on that aswell thanks mate.

Hmm so far this guy seems good enough, If i lay down a ?500 deposit he will get an Engineers cert, A video of the car running and has told me i would need to pay in full within 1 - 2 weeks.

He has said it would get 4 milage checks, a BIMTA and also a De-Reg? So make sure its not been stolen.

And from when i pay the money it would be 9 weeks to my door. Sound ok you think?
Sounds good. Don't know what a de-reg is though :)
You could also ask for the auction sheet if there is any. You can see what grade the car is and if it's been repaired from an accident, had an engine or gearbox transplant and such things.
I think it's a pretty handy document. :)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Yeah iv recieved one from another Importer on a diff s15, However this one from Jap-Angels isnt an Auction its a private sale he's told me but he said that if it was an Auction it wud be grade 4.

Iv seen a heap of pics and right enough it does look mint.. but hmm.. lol, its alot of money to be careful with.......

aye iv never heard of a de-reg either, and does it need 4 milage checks??? and a BIMTA..? i thought a BIMTA wud of covered it like.

Cheers so far tho

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The de-reg is the Japanese de-registration document. You get this issued just before the car leaves Japan. Its this document which less scrupulous importers fraudulently falsify to represent a 2001/2 S15 as a 2000 to get it through an ESVA.

It should be noted that the auction sheet is is Japanese and you would do well to get it translated.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
He has told me this one is a 2000 with around 20k miles which is obviously why im a bit curious to say the least.. it is mint as i said and its going for like 15k!!! :S

I dunno what to do really lol...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
He has told me this one is a 2000 with around 20k miles which is obviously why im a bit curious to say the least.. it is mint as i said and its going for like 15k!!! :S

I dunno what to do really lol...
?15k in Japan? or ready with plates in the UK. I hope it's the second alternativ.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That's about right if it IS OTR. You want to check that it includes everything: duty, VAT, ESVA prep, ESVA, MoT, and registration.

If its a private sale, 20k is possible. People tend to put things in for auction if they aren't going to sell fast.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Ah ok cool. Yeah i shall check all this stuff is defo included in the sale before i hand over money etc.

Thanks for all your advice guys. In the meantime tho if any of you hear of anybody buying through this importer please post up in here for me :) Thanks.

any other things i should ask / check for whilst im at it.
-Minty

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I know of a similar story with another 'well respected and established' importer. Its this sort of thing which would show on an auction sheet. If you get a chassis number, we can confirm the spec as it left the factory :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't know what laws they have in Japan regarding the sale of goods. Obviously in the UK you can't knowingly sell a car privately which isn't as described. In Japan however... An auction is obliged to check out the car as much as possible, as it will reflect on them if they misrepresent. A private sale in another country might yeald a good example, but it could equally not. And what happens if its not? Once you've paid, you've paid and probably won't have the chance to reject it when it arrives (in this case).

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
nicely has a point if i had to choose again i would probley find one which was already in the country really cuz i wouldnt wanna lash so much money out and not get what i wanted i was very disappointed when i got mine but some things u will have to just live with in the end...:thumbs:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Coolio.. Yeah i mean id hate to think this dude 'may' be a bit of an artist and end up with some grade 1 machine that bairly runs...... :S

guess thats the risk ya take tho eh :S hmmm.. *ponders on what to do really, will speak to my old man,, he's usually pretty good when **** like this comes about lol