How to choose an importer?

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
OK so being in the Midlands I'm not exactly near any docks so I'm not biased on where the importers are, but I've been following OPJP and Torque GT on Facebook for quite a while and so now I'm actively looking I've emailed both of these to get the low down on costs for improving an S15.

There seems to be a £3-5k difference though between the two companies, one claims they have less overheads hence the lower price, (don't get me wrong both seem lovely people, and I genuinely can't decide who to go for) but will I be a fool choosing the cheaper option and end up with a nail, or I am not actually paying for that much better a service (£3-5k better!) with the more expensive one?
Torque gt has a lot of good feedback on here but OPJP, when I did a search, only 4 topics were returned.

So I guess the question is, what would you all do?
And thanks again but being new to importing I don't want to mess up, I want to buy right, buy once and love happily ever after with my S15 lol ;)

Reaction score
Country
Torque every time thats where I got mine with no trouble at all by the way mines the blue one from the castle area

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Torque only usually import cars grade 3.5/4 or above. OPJP only usually import R grade cars that have had some issue or accident at some point in their life that's where the price differences come in mostly.
It depends if you want an immaculate car or one to track or drift etc.

I used Torque for my old s15 back in 2011 and couldn't fault them.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Ahh that would explain it then! I did request a tidy car though maybe they got the wrong end of the stick.
The car I'm looking for is gonna be a weekend toy, must be tidy, and won't be regularly tracked or drifted. So I'll be looking for top quality.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Your best bet is to find a car on the auctions and ask both importers for a price, then ask everything it includes, i.e number plates, MOT, fog light, speedo converter etc etc as it all adds up

Reaction score
Country
importers

Ahh that would explain it then! I did request a tidy car though maybe they got the wrong end of the stick.
The car I'm looking for is gonna be a weekend toy, must be tidy, and won't be regularly tracked or drifted. So I'll be looking for top quality.
I have imported many cars over the years just collected a low milage 26000klms s15 specr.The people i use are gb
autotrader (Graham Berry].Honest and reliable.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
I've asked for an all in OTR price and the list of whats included with both companies has included MOTs and plates :)

I've found they both seem to use different auctions as the OPJP one didnt have the car I've been looking at that Torque GT did...

Reaction score
Country
From my experience I would pay a little more and use a well known reputable importer, got my S15 for £5350 and had many issues :( torque seem to have built up a really good reputation and that is a heard thing to do and even harder thing to maintain, if I was going to import another car I'd be going to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
GB autotrader do everything there end i use penguin shipping in uk based in southampton .Then all i have to do is get a mot and then tax the car.A good grade car with low milage less than 50000klm will cost about £7000 to £7500 that would give you milage check service sheets and 1 owner.

Reaction score
Country
importing

Is that all you have to do to use an imported car? Tax and mot it? I was under the impression VOSA were involved or something to register the car lol I don't know where I get my ideas from haha :)
You need a v55 form the leaflet with the form explains everything you need.