What's new

trolley jack suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Been looking for a while at different jacks just wondered if anyone had any recommendation at all? I am looking at the clarke low entry aluminium jack atm but my front is so low not sure if it will be anyu good or not? Anyone had experience with any info would be welcome ?
Cheers guys

Reaction score
My buddy was telling me that those clarke ones aren't that good because of the single front wheel. I know a lot of people that have the Arcan low entry aluminum one which is meant to be great. I have the Arcan steel version of the low entry jack, which is identical to the aluminum one, but made of steel and weighs a **** load compared to the aluminum one which you can pick up from the handle.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The single front wheel on the Clarke is good because it spreads the load well. I've had mine for years and it's still spot on.

Reaction score
Country
something thats low enough so you dont have to use another jack on the side first just to get to the cross member :)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
To jack the rear I go straight for the diff but for the front I drive onto wood, then go for the engine subframe (not front panel as it's only held on by spot welds!)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers craig,I been reading up on the different types,some people say the clarke jack doesn't raise as high as some of the others?its still high enough to get some axle stands under there though isn't it?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, I've never had any complaints about it. If you jack from the diff or subframe it goes plenty high enough.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No problem mate. By all means check the others out too though. I've only ever used the Clarke myself, just have no complaints about it :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I will defo check the rest out but atm is looking like the best option and best price too.
Think the arcan ones have been discontinued now,dan @dbpower said they are also very good

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate,have looked at that but want something lightweight really as don't want to be lugginga big heavy lump in and out the house whenevr I need it!

Reaction score
Country
If you know anyone with a costco card the arcan jack that they sell is amazing for the price :nod:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Some Arcan ones on eBay, will be more expensive than costco though.. but maybe worth a look if they have been discontinued.