What's new

where to buy flywheel bolts

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
hey all. just bought exedy hyper single clutch and flywheel off dean s15 so i will be fitting it when i get home, just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy a set of flywheel bolts from so i can get them delivered to my home address. i would go to Nissan but i work offshore and i would like them to be there when i get home on Monday. so i can just fit it on Tuesday.

Nissan or ARP bolts are fine. im not bothered what make they are as long as there not made of chocolate.

also does anyone know if the exedy flywheel uses s15 bolts or the shorter s14 bolts. cheers.

matt

B9NKO

Reaction score
Hi mate, I tried to get bolts from Nissan for the s15 dual mass flywheel and they couldn't get them, also tried arp and they couldn't either! I ended up getting them off eBay.com, if you need s14 shorter ones most places sell them

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nissan got me the 6-speed flywheel bolts. Well, they got one. I wanted to compare it to a S14 one and it was a lot different.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
B9NKO, sorry you had trouble finding them mate, I thought they would be easy to get hold of through the usual channels but I threw the originals away as I didn't know thier history, Matt, I would never recommend reusing the originals so that's why I mentioned finding replacements in the ad but I know that those bolts i left in the kit were only ever fitted and torqued once so its your call whether to use them again, I personally wouldn't but ive heard of people checking measurements and threads etc and then reusing them if they are within tolerances. Glad it got there ok and hope you're happy with it :)

B9NKO

Reaction score
B9NKO, sorry you had trouble finding them mate, I thought they would be easy to get hold of through the usual channels but I threw the originals away as I didn't know thier history, Matt, I would never recommend reusing the originals so that's why I mentioned finding replacements in the ad but I know that those bolts i left in the kit were only ever fitted and torqued once so its your call whether to use them again, I personally wouldn't but ive heard of people checking measurements and threads etc and then reusing them if they are within tolerances. Glad it got there ok and hope you're happy with it :)
No worries Dean I think I would prefer new bolts anyway, my local Nissan found the part number for the bolts but just couldn't get them, which I thought was strange, got them cheaper from America anyways! I still havnt fitted the box yet as been really busy at work and not decided on which clutch yet, I wanted an ACT one but they are expensive !

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
the clutch kit i bought of dean looks like it uses the same length as the s14 which is about and inch. so i will just order a set of arp ones from america or see of coord sport still has them in stock.

thanks dean it looks great cant wait to get it fitted

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
for anyone interested i got a set from co ordsport they say ford but the fit fine. 245 2801. hey worked spot on. although i needed the shorter s14 ones to fit the exedy clutch and flywheel

Reaction score
Country
exedy flywheel bolts for the hyper single are part number BF08, and you have to go to exedy to get them..... just adding my bit as this is what im having to do now as im installing the exact same clutch but the kit did not come with bolts or a thrust bearing, (bearing is stock S15 or alternate)

Reaction score
I've just had to get some as well :wack:
for anyone interested i got a set from co ordsport they say ford but the fit fine. 245 2801. hey worked spot on. although i needed the shorter s14 ones to fit the exedy clutch and flywheel
/\ /\ /\
The above part number is wrong!
It should be 254-2801... don't order the ones above, they take a month to come in on special order and are for a Chrysler!
Currently £43.02 from coord with free delivery

exedy flywheel bolts for the hyper single are part number BF08, and you have to go to exedy to get them..... just adding my bit as this is what im having to do now as im installing the exact same clutch but the kit did not come with bolts or a thrust bearing, (bearing is stock S15 or alternate)
I've spoken to Exedy UK and 3 of the distributors here... they can't get that part number over here?!?!? And as far as they're concerned Exedy say to use OEM bolts?!?!?!
I have checked and your part numbers do exist from Exedy US... The UK is just proper ****e I imagine.
Out of interest how much were the Exedy ones?
The ARP ones are cheaper than Nissan :wack:

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
you didnt order a set dude did you? i just checked and the part number is 254-2801 not 245 2801. there for a ford v8. but there the same size as s14 bolts

and part box/coordsport had them in stock. they definitely fit because i have had them on my car for 6 months

Reaction score
Country
yep as matty said, i have ended up by getting the 254-2801 bolts in from ARP Australia, but RHDjapan do sell S14 bolts for $6 NZD each so about 3pounds each

any fly bolt will fit providing its M10x1.0 and has a thread length of no more then 25mm, this is for the exedy hyper single with fly