What's new

Sequential shifter

Reaction score
Country
It makes sense on a track car, but definitley not on a road car to be honest.

Some engineering must have went into that though lol

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Aftermarket sequential shifters look like a waste of time to me. They aren't going to speed up shifting on a normal box and they look really messy. How much do they sell for these days?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I wouldn't even bother on a track car tbh. It's just not worth it as you still have to use the clutch like normal unlike a bike box.. £1000 too.. :eek:

S

S15 SILVIA

That's not a Silvia!

Thats a Feckin monster. :)

Think that's a propper sequential box unlike the above mechanism.

Reaction score
Country
Sequential boxes cost around £7k. The Ikeya formula shifter (from what I've read) is meant to speed up shift time and when setup correctly prevent mis-shifts. If you've ever done a hard launch on the drag strip and tried to go through a 6 speed close ratio box it's easy to mis-shift (or maybe it's just me :eek:). I thought about getting one on my GTR, but they take a long time to setup correctly, and most people who have owned one, have sold them on shortly after owning one.

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
Yeah scorch is running a hollinger, it actually broke on the last day of world time attack but still achieved an amazing time!

The ikeya shifter... no direct experience with it but this seems to be happening "and most people who have owned one, have sold them on shortly after owning one"