What's new

Z premium 95 or BP Ultimate 98

R

ryan1019

Your thoughts as i have seen many forums saying both are ok even with a turbo,all 95 is a fuel with additives so why pay more? No knock in my S15 on 95 but will try a tank of 98 next time.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I run 95 unless I am doing a trackday. Mind you I am still running a standard computer with just a cat back exhaust, a K&N panel filter and 10psi boost.

Reaction score
I run 95 unless I am doing a trackday. Mind you I am still running a standard computer with just a cat back exhaust, a K&N panel filter and 10psi boost.
Soft :p ............. I'm using 98 but have a lot more done then Meddler. 95 is fine if your'e not running higher boost or power upgrades.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Depends what region of car you have, I'm guessing the ADM's were mapped for the lowest quality of fuel, where as the JDM ones are mapped for the equivalent of 100 ron.

Reaction score
Country
For the non NZ people the petrol station Z used to be called shell, it just got re-branded recently but shell (or Z) dont sell the 99oct that they do in the UK. Im still running a stock ECU but running 14psi or 1bar so i run 98 but if i have to use 95 i turn the boost down to 10psi

Reaction score
Country
so in other words your boost is going to be limited by the factory exhaust, and the side mount intercooler, are you getting .6 bar on the boost gauge? if thats the case then the 98 wont do a hell of alot as you are not making the boost that needs the higher octane.
Get a 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC and some colder plugs and your car will go up in power by 40kw

R

ryan1019

yeah stock exhaust but no harm keeping it, ive got more boost since the K&N filter went in and better oil, have platinum plugs next time perhaps iridium

E

empty_inside

I'm trying to decide whether to get my next map done on cheap 95 or Shell 99 - cheap, readily available fuel vs more power, it's a tough one!

When I was on the factory map I used 99 just in case because I have manifold, 3" turbo back and FMIC which gave me 1.0 bar boost.