What's new

De-kitty kat

Reaction score
Country
not sure on fitment for that auction, but i would just get a made up peice put in thats exactly the size pipe you want and will fit perfectly from mild steel, probable be cheaper then that de-cat

S

S15 SILVIA

:)
I know what your saying, but I don't have the facilities to knock one up.
Wanted to buy one, so I can just bolt it on when I get to go under the car.
Just wanted an opinion on the one mentioned, and to make sure it would fit.
Cheers anyway.

S

S15 SILVIA

Cheers Dean.
That was the answer i was looking for!

Any idea if there is any advantage to having a chamber?
If anything, i thought it may pass as looking like a sports cat when it comes to the mot.

Do you have to change your cat come mot time?
Cheers Mike

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I do mate... It would be great if I didn't have to but my mot guy is a good bloke and if the ministry saw me drive out without a cat and with a fresh mot he would be well in the brown stuff, I'd never expect it for the sake of half an hour spannering swapping them ;) as for the chamber type... I don't understand the benefit tbh... The rest of the system will be 3 inch so it won't really improve flow and if anything it will make more noise and give less ground clearance but I don't have personal experince of that. I'm currently looking into getting quality decat silencers for our cars, made to the s13 pattern in all stainless. I started out to make one for myself but if it works out to a reasonable price then I'll see if others fancy one, it's literally the cost of a quality 3inch silencer, 2x stainless flanges and the cost of tig welding so I'm expecting it to work out at about 120-130.00 which is cheaper than apex sell s14 ones for...

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dean, let me know if you do do this, as I would be interested assuming it didn't affect ground clearance much.... Thanks!

I do mate... It would be great if I didn't have to but my mot guy is a good bloke and if the ministry saw me drive out without a cat and with a fresh mot he would be well in the brown stuff, I'd never expect it for the sake of half an hour spannering swapping them ;) as for the chamber type... I don't understand the benefit tbh... The rest of the system will be 3 inch so it won't really improve flow and if anything it will make more noise and give less ground clearance but I don't have personal experince of that. I'm currently looking into getting quality decat silencers for our cars, made to the s13 pattern in all stainless. I started out to make one for myself but if it works out to a reasonable price then I'll see if others fancy one, it's literally the cost of a quality 3inch silencer, 2x stainless flanges and the cost of tig welding so I'm expecting it to work out at about 120-130.00 which is cheaper than apex sell s14 ones for...

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Will do mate ;) the diameter of the silencer is 125mm so no less ground clearance than the standard cat :)

E

empty_inside

I'd be interested in one of these too, assuming it will make a big difference to the noise. De-cat is sooo noisy!

Reaction score
Country
i cant believe how much these decats are! i got mine from Japspeed for about £50!
but they have since removed the item off their website :s
might be worth a call to them to ask if they still do them?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Well the one I have is ready to be made up, just need to check how much welding is...

S

S15 SILVIA

I actually ended up buying one of the eBay ones I listed.
Not fitted it yet, but seems really good quality. Welds are neat, has nice thick stainless flanges, and should have no clearance issues!
Will post a pic once fitted.
Keep us updated on your boxes tho Dean, as I may be interested too. :)