What's new

suspension bush kits

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hi guys,
A question for those of you who have refreshed your suspension.
I want to try do a full refurb in the new year,am looking into bush kits atm,superpro are top of the list atm as they are brilliant quality and not as harsh on the road as other kits can be,but this comes at a price!
Atm I don't really have loads of cash ,so this has me looking at energie suspension bushes,I know a few people have used these just wantted to know what your thoughts are on the bushes ? Are they too harsh on the road? They seem very well priced!
Also can anyone tell me is the 14 and 15 kits are the same?
Where is the best place to buy the kits from? I am also probably going to get moog ball joints if anyone is interested could get more shipped together to save on postage etc.

Reaction score
Country
Chris,
I've now got Energy Suspension Subframe bushes and rear lower arm bushes, the difference is significant compaired to my old and original bushes, not soft for sure but streetable and certainly tightens up the feel of the rear end, recomend them for sure.

S14 are the same as S15 bushes at least with respect to the following as there actualy on my car now: -

Energy Suspension
7.1117r (Subframe bushes - red)
7.3119r (Rear lower arm bushes - red)
http://www.frsport.com/Bushings_c_159.html

Got mine from FRSport, great service from them, have placed 6 orders over the last year with almost immediate shipping and no problems at all, 4 of the 6 orders were shipped to the UK and I had to pay around 10% import duty to FedEx, other than that all good and certainly cheaper than sites back home. They also do the Moog ball joints.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
awesome buddy!
thanks alot,i used to have powerflex on my old car but their prices are well over the top!!
Was going to go for the black ones as some are self lubricating ,I have red energy diff bushes they look decent(not fitted yet)
I was looking at buying the 'master set' as i have found a set at a good price ,but i dont know if it covers what i need,
http://www.frsport.com/Energy-Suspe...thane-Bushing-Kit-S14-240SX-Black_p_9567.html

also would it be advantageous to get roll centre adjusters??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I was considering the full set but just wasn't sure that all the parts (for S14) would be applicable to S15 hence only getting a few bits, but if they all fit it's a good option, i've tralled through countless websites including Energy Suspension and i've not found enough evidence that they are all applicable to S15 or in many cases compatable at all... But the one's I've fitted fit fine.

I remember Dean mentioning that the black ones were self lubricating, but i've got a red theme going on in my car so went for the red anyway.

Roll centre adjusters are only for car with serious lowering, like track set ups, i also considered roll centre adjustment but your recommended to do both front and rear at the same time and that works out expensive, at one stage I was seriously considering Ikeya Formular Front lower arms and Rear lower arms, both cost a fortune but are awesome arms and allow for full role centre adjustment, along with their other adjustable arms (the best available in my opinion)

Check out this link for an explanation on roll centre adjustment
http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/index.html (then click on products, then Footworks)

Moonface also do some nice roll centre adjustment equipment also.

So in general unless your tracking the car regularly there probably not required, but it wouldn't hurt either (funds allowing)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
It was actually moonface stuff I was looking at,probably won't bother for now as I don't NEED iit as such.
I am tempted to get the full kit and see what fits and whhat doesn't as I have found the full set for 120 delivered! Bargains! I have adjustable arms that need powdercoating as they are chipped and rusting ,I am pretty sure they are same 14+15 so hopefully they will all fit if not I am sure I can sell the left over bushes on sxoc or driftworks.
I have drop links and diff buyshes,What else would I need to do the whole lot then? Just subframe bush set?
I am tempte to go for the red bushes and it fits my theme better but at the same time the black maybe a better option I don't know lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Good price and if some arn't relevant then not a big issue cost wise, i'd go for it...

I really like the Moonface stuff, i'm going to go for their Superlap strengthen tie rods and tie rod ends (tasty)...

The Diff bushes was the only other thing I was going to mention, I used Driftworks solid items and they went in fine.

The only arms not usualy in the sets sold is the front lower arm (that you might need to upgrade the ball joints (moog)) and the rear lower A arm, again with new ball joints. Consider replacing these ball joints and all the bushes from the kit + the subframe bushes and you have it all covered i think :)

Your gonna be busy, lol.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Think I have front lower arm bushes actually ,bought link, lower arm and diff all off dean.
Will double check,but at that price I don't think can go far wrong! The superpro kit I wanted was around 350! For roughly the same apart from steering rack bushes but I already have those on the car.
Yeah hopefully will be a busy few months just need to find a decent workspace. Hopefully will be giving it a full respray and retrim in the new year if I can find the time!
Moonface stuff looks decent quality I have to say!
Will check out those arms you are getting,your build is going to be serious!!!

Reaction score
Country
cheers.. just got my Greddy oil pan and mag plug in today, will be posting a little update later.

I'd really like to do a respray on mine, found this awesome semi-matt pearl white used on a Lambo LP560 that i'd love on mine, but engine and tranny build first, lol.

Still need to do the stearing rack bushes but there not expensive, my tie rods are seized at the rod ends (currently have Tien units on mine), so will likely do the rack bushes when the tie rods come out.

Good luck with the bushes...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate,that colour sounds sweet!
Will keep an eye on your thread for updates!thanks for your help dude much appreciated

Ps those moonface rods look awesome might have to treat myself lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have spoken to bren from apex about the bush kit as I have their suspension arms on my car and he has assured me that s14 and s15 bush kits are identicle and I should have no problem fitting them.
I have managed to get the full master set and subframe bushes for about £150 so I am well chuffed!
Now just need a work space and a lot of patience lol

Reaction score
Country
Lol, your not wrong, My mate who's babysitting my car while I'm in the US used his mechanic for my bushes and done a good job by the looks of it, lots of blow torch action though...

Good to know the s14 are the same as S15, did Bren mention if that includes the arb bushes? Want to upgrade my arb drop links.

Have fun (if you call it that, lol)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Hey chris, must have missed this thread. All the bushes from an s14 kit fit s15 mate, this includes front and rear lower arms, subframe, diff, links etc. Only thing I can't be sure of are the arb bushes as s15 has a slightly thicker rear but I have godspeeds anyway (an awesome mod). I ended up with surplus red and black bushes due to ordering incorrectly, changing my mind on colour etc and ended up with a mixture of driftworks and energy bushes fitted to my car in the end due to having to assemble stuff as I went along I ended up fitting what I had to hand and selling what was left rather than pulling it apart to fit all energy in the end, but if I did it again I'd fit nothing but energy as they are far superior quality to anything like driftworks etc. They are easy to fit if you use the threaded rod, washer and nut method and will undoubtedly maintain geometry settings better than standard as thy won't allow so much movement. in my experience the car won't be crashy, but very firm if you run a tough coilover... I found energysuspensionparts to be the best on price and delivery but you will end up landed with duty and handling due to parcelforce being thier usual ripoff self ;). If you need any more info mate let me know :)

Reaction score
Country
I was looking on frsport there, is it just the suspension arm kits available in a package or can you get a kit with the subframe and other necessary bushes all in one package?

Also whats the difference in the red and the black bushes?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
The black bushes are impregnated with graphite for constant lubrication, that's it. They do a master bushings kit which may be cheaper but I bought in a few batches as I went which worked out more expensive... It's all listed under 240sx which is a us s14a chassis with exactly the same suspension setup ;) it's all here
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/products.asp?cat=Nissan+240SX+1998

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info dean! Was waiting for your response! Lol
As for the kits on ebay,there is a energy suspension dealer is 279 dollars delivered inc handling also I have found an even cheaper place in the states,site do the ful lot ofor 230 dollars delivered inc postage and handling,no doubt as dean said they will charge their usual 30 because they can lol only some of the black bushes are impregnated with graphite not all but I might go red just because the bushes I bought from yourself are red will keep the theme going!if anyone wants details of where I am buying from I have no problem passing it on

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ps I bought my drop links off dean maybe he would be able to tell you

And the kit numbers for reference are 7.1117 subframe set r for red g for black ie 7.1117R
And the master set is 7.18107

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yes mate,then the diff kit from them is 61 I think plus 70 odd dollars postage I believe.
The best place I have found it dohc garage who are charging S&H to UK is $42 for both item. Bushing kit alone is $39 master kit 150 dollars,its the subframe bushes and postage that have been the biggest fluctuation in price some places wanted over 100 dollars to post it!
www.energysuspensionparts.com
Part Number:
7.18107 $150.39 Color: - Black- - Include Free Prelube?: - Extra
Prelube - FREE- -
Part Number: 7.1117 $61.03 Color: - Black-
Sub Total: $211.42
Shipping Total: $65.30
Grand Total: $276.72

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Dean,on that link are those the correct moog joints for our cars? Same front and rear? If so might buy it all from there as that's cheap!

all in full master kit,subframe bushes,4 moog ball joints $429-£271 that delivered! bargain price if you ask me even with the £30 import/duty charge still decent price really,is it worth doing the ball joint while i am there? have found replaceent oem ball joint for £70 the set are moog a lot better?

Last edited: