What's new

painting rocker cover

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey guys,
Been thinking about painting my rocker for a while have a couple of questions first,can you paint it with normal car paint/rattle cans? Or does it need to be powder coated? Just I want to it in a metallic colour and powder coats are mainly solid colours.
Also can you use 14/14a covers or am I best to remove my cover and use that one?
Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Can use any of the S14 covers. I would advise to use a powdercoaters. Usually they will powder coat it first and then do a top coat if you require a particular finish. I have just sent mine off to be done. Just ensure you ask the painter if he is shot blasting it or acid dip it. Only because in the top of the rocker cover there are metal plates stuck in at the top which will fall off in the acid bath. So ensure you remove them first before you have it done.

Reaction score
Country
Can use any of the S14 covers.

The coil packs are different from the S14 and S15.
I was told that the rocker covers are different to accommodate this and aren't interchangeable between the two models.

Maybe someone else can verify if the 14 covers can be used or if were stuck with 15 ones.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cool ,cheers. Mate.
The place I have spoken too shot blast it so shouldn't be a problem,they said they only have one colour metallic which is granite ,I might ask if they would be able to do as you have said and top coat it the colour I want.
How much is a good price for this? They have quoted me £40 + vat does that seem a good price?

Reaction score
Country
The coil packs are different from the S14 and S15.
I was told that the rocker covers are different to accommodate this and aren't interchangeable between the two models.

Maybe someone else can verify if the 14 covers can be used or if were stuck with 15 ones.
The s15 coilpacks are different to s14's so that might cause issues.... other than that i dont know of any other differences

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
No, they are different and not interchangeable.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thought it sounded a bit expensive tbh,will shop about a bit,glad I asked first as my mate was gonna lend me a 14 one to get painted then give him mine when it was done