What's new

Who runs a De-cat?

Reaction score
Country
I put my CAT back on the other day for the MOT but now I’m in 2 minds weather to put the de-cat back on as the amount of sneaky VOSA vans and car parks set up in some kind of seizing operation I’ve been sing has increased recently..

There’s loads of crap on the internet with people saying if your caught without a CAT and it fails emissions it’s a £600.00 fine and they will seize your car...others say you will have 7 days to change it etc etc.

Hmmm decisions decisions...is it really worth the hassle.. :rolleyes:

sx-si

Reaction score
uhh i thought imports dont need to have cats due to vosa not having the information on the veichle?
my s15 has passed 2 years in a row without a cat

Reaction score
I didn't actually know that, mine hasn't got a cat either. I told the last mot tester about it but he didn't really care, he probably knew already.

Reaction score
Country
Where I took mine he said it didn’t come up on the system so he had to manually put it in and he said he choose like a 1994 UK Silvia :rolleyes:

Still passed either way..

A few people have said that even though they don’t require a CAT to be legal, they still need to not exceed UK emission regulations, unless stated in the manufactures documents that the car won’t meet them...or something along those lines..

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Your V5C document should have the emissions data on the front page. This is what they are supposed to test it with reference to, but they never have our cars on their systems. I've got my MOT tomorrow so will ask then too. I've not got a cat, just a straight 3" pipe from front to back! :)

Reaction score
Country
Your V5C document should have the emissions data on the front page. This is what they are supposed to test it with reference to, but they never have our cars on their systems. I've got my MOT tomorrow so will ask then too. I've not got a cat, just a straight 3" pipe from front to back! :)
please do report back!! i've got my MOT a week on tuesday! and need to know whether i need to put my cat back in! haha

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, it passed ;)

They did the emissions test based on the age of the car, so it was strict. I'm fairly certain you wouldnt pass with a decat if they do it properly..

Reaction score
Country
so glad the laws of our land dont worry about cats, our regulations only seams to go by noise

Reaction score
Country
so glad the laws of our land dont worry about cats, our regulations only seams to go by noise
And how many WOF places actually have a decibel meter? Ive never seen one. Modifying a car in NZ must be so much easier than most other countries.

Reaction score
Country
i feel sorry for all the OZ guys as the restrictions they have are just crap government money making schemes, i read fast fours 7 rotaries and its always about keeping the fuzz off your back

Reaction score
Country
Well, it passed ;)

They did the emissions test based on the age of the car, so it was strict. I'm fairly certain you wouldnt pass with a decat if they do it properly..
Hmmm I thought they might...good job you went to a friendly place lol

My V5 doesnt have any emissions data in btw, mine passed fine with a CAT anyway so may just take it off and put it back on next year.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
i feel sorry for all the OZ guys as the restrictions they have are just crap government money making schemes, i read fast fours 7 rotaries and its always about keeping the fuzz off your back
yep :(

Reaction score
Country
well be happy guys.. over here In sweden we must have a cat otherwise we can't drive the car more then a month,, then If It dosent pass, we are forbidden to use the vehicle until it passes.. and sometimes they complain about sound too,, I have Motoria.. and daaamn they are loud like hell.. =)

Reaction score
The sheep put out more emissions then all the cars in NZed