What's new

oil sandwich plate

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Anyone know where I can get a decent sandwich plate from?
Have just fitted a defi oil temp gauge and need a plate for the sensor,any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Why have you removed it when fitting the oil cooler,just out of interest as I have an oil cooler on mine already,can you not use them together ?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
You can stack them up, I removed the standard oil pressure sensor and put the oil temp in the sump :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cool cheers buddy,not sure what I am going to do now
I found a greddy temp sender box mixed in with all the wiring behind my dash,I followed the cable and it seems to be going to the sump,so I might just swap that sensor for the defi one and run it from the sump,is the oil temp as accurate from there?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Not really tbh, I'm trying to get mine in another location if I can. It does work but shows the oil at a lower temp so it might look okay on the guage, but at the filter it could be a lot hotter :) I've learnt to allow for it, my oil is okay upto 150degC so the gauge alarms at 120degC :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ok cool,so are sandwich plate ok when they are stacked then,they don't leak or anything as I might still go with the plate in that case.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Seems there is plenty of people on the SXOC who have them stacked up with no issues :)