What's new

Tale of a Cursed Car: Crash number 3

Reaction score
Country
Hows the title? haha.

Ok, so today I had my 3rd crash in the s15. Yep, 3rd. Oh great. But fear not, I am fine (a little distraught), and the car just needs a bit of paint/filler and the boot making straight (i've been assured its an easy job).

Was minding my own at a roundabout, when that oh so familiar sound occured once again.. BAM. And a white van is parked inside my boot. Cheers. However he seemed to have bust his coolant reservoir so came off worse than me i guess.. He also worked at a bodyshop, and as a result, he admitted liability, and its getting repaired next week, at his expense :)

Still an inconveniance, however it could have been a lot worse.

So, the story?

1st crash - a few months after i bought her, someone piled into the side of me, only hitting the bumper & wing. not much damage.

2nd crash - hit a people carrier.. cat D write off (economical), whole front end had to be replaced

3rd crash, as above, rear cosmetic damage, nothing too major.

Is my car cursed?? I've never had a bump in any other car i've had.. :/

also, does this make me eligible for the title of 'most crashed s15 in the world'? :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
cheers buddy,
i do but i've got a slow connection so would take ages to upload. the bumper is scuffed (thank god it wasnt fiberglass!) , boot is dented & scuffed. numberplate braket is broke, and the bumper on the left hand side has popped out a bit, need to have a look and see what the crack is. The other guy is paying for it thankfully, and hopefully there isn't any underlying damage. doesnt look like it, but you can never be sure until you get the bumpers off.. :/

Reaction score
Country
Man I feel for ya mate. It is cursed but you always seem to to repair it well.

S

S15 SILVIA

Man that is **** luck!!!
The fact your ok is the main thing, bet it's more of an inconvenience thing tho too you.
That sure deserves a record.
Had a similar thing with my Toyota starlet gt turbo. Not crashes, just engines going pop all the time, and other things. Spent about 2 1/2 years off the road, and bout 8 months on. Sure it was cursed,
Infact a friend had the same car, and never went wrong, and he drove it like a spoon daily!
His lasted years, until one day he used some old parts I had left over from my car after I had sold it, within a week his engine blew, and he's had the same curse ever since. 3 engine rebuilds later, etc. :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Unlucky Jase. Wrong time wrong place I guess!

Have a really good look at the rear 1/4's for creases because if it's popped the bumper it could have bent the 1/4's too. Also, take the carpet out from the rear panel and check that for damage too.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
^^ sounds like my renault 19 lol almost 3 years off the road,about 6 months on ! Never buying a french car ever again,luckily I had a van ....
Bad luck with the car mate,hopefully it will be sorted to your satisfaction and the guy doesn't take his time with it,fingers crossed will be back with you looking sweet in no time at all

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
:(

Just make sure they do the repairs properly. I am not saying the guy is dodgy, but if he works are the smash repairs, they may try and do a dodgy on it. I have seen it happen so many times before

Reaction score
Country
cheers for the positive words guys! i'll have a good look at it and make sure its repaired well. the garage looks reputable with courtesy cars and the like, so hopefully it'l be ok :)

Reaction score
Country
Jees you dont have much luck do you! :(

Hope its as little damage as you say and can be sorted easily! Was the guy decent as ive heard a few stories of people not being able to get in toutch with them after with things like this..spose you've got his reg etc anyway incase..

Hope you sort it soon :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
CAR IS FIXED!!!

And i have to say, it looks better than before!!! :D you cant tell its even been hit. And I mean that literally, and i know where the dents were! it looks absolutely fantastic. got the guy at the bodyshop to do a spot of de rusting around the boot too, and he did it for free! So all in all, i got my boot de rusted, and bumper resprayed, for free. at no expense to me, at all. cant complain, and the driver who hit me was over the moon that we didnt go through insurance (as he would lose his 4 years NCB).

All in all, win win situation! I wont show you photos, because it looks like it did before, only shinier, and less rust! :D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that's good to hear.