What's new

which air filter

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey guys,
Been meaning to buy a new filter for ages but haven't got round to it yet!
So just wondered what everyone was running,or what recomendations people have.
Obviously a lot of people run the apexi filter,but I know the foam filters flow more air,but don't stop as much dirt getting in so am a bit stumped as to what to go for
Hks rsk,pipercross,apexi are the main 3 I am looking at any info would be much appreciated
Thanks guys
Chris

S

S15 SILVIA

I was planning on getting an apexi filter when I get round to it, as they seem to get the best reviews.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Apexi power intake is a simple solution mate. Flows well, filters well and isn't too big either ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah am about 90% going for it,as it seems to be the filter of choice tbh
If there are a few people interested could sort a little gb,I know a lot of people already have this though so may not be enough interest,but worth a shot if it saves a few Quid!

C

Controll3d

Shouldn't be difference since stock MAF is same.

With full A'pexi fitting kit it's 85mm filter instead of 75mm. Learned that hard way when was replacing filter. :p

Got A'pexi filters on both of my s-bodys. :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info,

Another question,is there any difference between the chrome and the black intake other than the obvious?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
No. The other thing worth noting is whether you plan on going to z32 maf at all as the bolt pattern is a little different. I went for the universal filter from apex performance. It fits z32 and I believe the standard pattern too. It was also cheaper even though it's the same element ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers buddy,as usual full of good advice!
The one I am looking at comes with the adaptor for sr20 and also can be used for the z32(which I will be switching to soon) good deal too,70 and he said he would do discount for gb just waiting on prices if anyone is interested?

C

Controll3d

I guess there's 2 different kits for SR20? One that's using 75mm filter (same unit as S13 kit have and straight fit for z32 maf) and 85mm kit.

Looks like both have right pattern for SR20 application, but adapter kit i have require bigger hole for some reason.

Left: Old filter i have/had, Right: Universal? S13/S14/z32

S

S15 SILVIA

Cheers buddy,as usual full of good advice!
The one I am looking at comes with the adaptor for sr20 and also can be used for the z32(which I will be switching to soon) good deal too,70 and he said he would do discount for gb just waiting on prices if anyone is interested?
Hey, I may be interested in this mate :)
Is that for an apexi filter? Think i prefer the black end plate too, but not stupidly fussy.

Reaction score
Country
I also have the apexi filter and think its also the best out there, i have used cheap to expensive just sold a blitz one with a heat shield and even that was not as good as the apexi one, many people use the HKS mushroom and will achieve similar power to the apexi but the fact is that any mushroom filter does not hold a candle to a paper one when it comes to air cleaning, and besides the mushroom will need to be replaced often, where are the apexi will last for along time and can be washed. they also give a great induction noise,

Reaction score
Country
I also have the apexi filter and think its also the best out there, i have used cheap to expensive just sold a blitz one with a heat shield and even that was not as good as the apexi one, many people use the HKS mushroom and will achieve similar power to the apexi but the fact is that any mushroom filter does not hold a candle to a paper one when it comes to air cleaning, and besides the mushroom will need to be replaced often, where are the apexi will last for along time and can be washed. they also give a great induction noise,
Whats the best way to wash /clean them??

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey, I may be interested in this mate :)
Is that for an apexi filter? Think i prefer the black end plate too, but not stupidly fussy.
Yes mate,that price is for the chrome apexi,including handling and delivery charges.
Can ask if they have black alos if you like,I am waiting for a response about gb pricing structure atm
Have found places that do the universal apexi cheaper but have heard stories of fake /cheap cones being sent so would prefer to spend the extra 20 and get it through a reputable company personally

Thanks for the mag write up, will have a proper read of that when I get to my cpu be good to read a few different opinions on the different types of filters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Whats the best way to wash /clean them??
I just let it soak in a bucket of warm soapy water for a few hours then rinse if off, (Never scrub it.) after doing this i noticed a bit of a difference in performace, filter was about 5 years old and had never been cleaned, a few months later i changed to a brand new filter (same type) didn't notice a difference from the old cleaned one to the brand new item.

S

S15 SILVIA

Yes mate,that price is for the chrome apexi,including handling and delivery charges.
Can ask if they have black alos if you like,I am waiting for a response about gb pricing structure atm
Have found places that do the universal apexi cheaper but have heard stories of fake /cheap cones being sent so would prefer to spend the extra 20 and get it through a reputable company personally

Thanks for the mag write up, will have a proper read of that when I get to my cpu be good to read a few different opinions on the different types of filters.
What do you mean by chrome ones mate? The actual filter, or the mount? Never seen a chrome apexi filter.:)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The top and boTtom part of the filter is chrome,as above!
He said if there is only 2 of us interested he will do them at £66 delivered ,if there is more interest the price will drop further ,also been talking to him about sorting out a good deal on some nismo 740cc injectors if there is enough interest,2 set would be 425 each.

Bit confused as to which filter to get now,the z32 is a 75mm cone and the one recommended for the 15 is an 85mm with an adaptor plate? Anyone know if the 75mm z32 wil fit the s15 standard intake @all?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I just let it soak in a bucket of warm soapy water for a few hours then rinse if off, (Never scrub it.) after doing this i noticed a bit of a difference in performace, filter was about 5 years old and had never been cleaned, a few months later i changed to a brand new filter (same type) didn't notice a difference from the old cleaned one to the brand new item.
You can actually buy a spray filter cleaner for these types of filter through the likes of k&n,