Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
The brake bleeding is the biggest PITA. The pedal was so bad initially that I've taken the Z32 BMC off to fit a piston kit. Fitted the old BMC back, and now I'm not sure the seals were gone. There's pressure, but right at the bottom. With the Z32, I'd bled, bled, rebled and put it in to get a proper vacuum bled done. Exactly the same.

Apparently, a number of people have had this probably initially and it took a number of bleeds and runs to get the air out. I'd even followed the correct BMC fitting proceedure in the manual... :(

I've just bought one of these off EGay. Should make it a bit easier for future bleeding.

What is that?

vaccum bleeder?

I have 2 sets of speed bleeders at home. S15 compatible :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: No more Mrs Nicely biatching about having to pedal press... Makes the job much quicker and more efficient too. :) You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get hold of these. There's loads in the States, but no-one sends abroad... :rolleyes:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
:nod: No more Mrs Nicely biatching about having to pedal press... Makes the job much quicker and more efficient too. :) You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get hold of these. There's loads in the States, but no-one sends abroad... :rolleyes:
So you just fasten it and pump out the oil with it?
seems way more complicated then my Speed bleeders :)

I just have to replace the bleed nipples and then i can bleed the brakes by myself :)
https://www.speedbleeder.com/

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've already got a one-way breed thing. The problem is that you are sat pumping the pedal and can't see if the bubbles have cleared.

What this one does is builds up a substantial vacuum which then sucks the fluid from the bleed nipple. It very similar to a garage vacuum bleeder, except this one is hand operated and portable. It should also do BMC bench bleeding...

Its similar to this.

Reaction score
My speed bleeder is simply a clear pipe with a one way valve attached at the end. You chuck it in a bottle, attach the other end to the caliper and pump the pedal. You can see the bubbles trapped in the pipe. Once the fluid is clear of bubbles past the caliper, tighten it up and move on - easy. I actually pump the pedal then run to the caliper and pinch off the pipe just to be sure :D