What's new

air induction box anyone interested??

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Right chaps,I want to get a box to fend off the dreaded heat soak,as we all know there isn't much in the way of induction boxes bar the fairly expensive apexi box.
But I have found a company in australia who do a box to fit our cars,they are made of tough polycarbonate and come with spacings to keep the original air feed too.
The only problem is the cost of postage is more than the box itself,so have been chatting to a guy about sending a few together to get the price down,so just sounding out to see if anyone is interested ,the more people hopefully the cheaper it will be! They look decent quality,I will get some pics up later on.
Hoping if we can get a few people interested to get the price down to about 80,
so would anyone be interested?
Or does anyone know of a company over here who would be able to produce one?
Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Is it not possible to adapt the OEM airbox to allow it to fit anaftermarket filter?

K&N do a fairly decent array of boxes, they might do one for a similar car that may fit..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I don't know tbh mate,only thing I have ever seen is the apexi air box,these are virtually identical but polycarbonate as I said have definitive prices now just gotta convert them and get some pics up to see if anyones interested.

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
do you have a link for it. I may be able to see if I can get cheaper shipping for you

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Its the high octane link,the guy has said he can ship up to 10 of them,weighing about 5kg each for 150 dollars
Thanks meddler that would be awesome,he is willing to drop the price if I buy 5 will be 80 dollars,or 10 would be 75 so with shipping 5 110 dollars, 10 90 dollars plus any shipping/packaging costs to send them when I receive them , import taxes etc.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I have bought this product Hi Octane (got a mate in Oz to post it over to me), and it was rubbish to be fair, I also got the air guide thing and that as crap as well.

I ended up just binning the air box as it didn't fit around my Z32 MAF however I tried, if I did get it to fit I don't think I would of kept it on anyway. He might of changed the materials since I bought it, but I thought it was just cheap plastic crap.. Sorry to pee on your chips, but that's my thoughts on it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
No worries dude,thanks for the coMment.
Probably won't bother then,gonna look into the apex one ,would prefer a nice carbon divider tbh have to see what else pops up then

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'm interested if we can get something decent. Could get the apex one and then carbon rap it, that's an option I reckon :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah defo,waiting to hear back from apex,seeing if I can get some actual photos of the product and if they will do a little gb on them.
Yeah being aluminium should be able to wrap it,would prefer a real carbon one but I bet it would be expensive
my fn2 gruppe m induction box was about 900!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
New idea needed,apex no longer stock them.....
Shame you binned your one mate,coulda used it as a template and had new ones made up with stronger material and the different size hole needed for the maf

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've got a mate that might be able to pull something together, I just need to give him my car for a few days and he will see what he can do, so leave it with me.

Reaction score
Country
i just made my own, worked like a charm, just make sure you have massive ducting into it and line the inside with something thermal like wetsuit material

sx-si

Reaction score
im just making my own out of carbon sheets, not exactly hard
then adding a pipe to bring a bit cooler air inside

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
^^^ yeah, making your own is the best way tbh. Personally i think the apexi one is crap anyway! I can make bespoke airboxes if anyone decides they can't manage :) In whichever meterial you fancy, carbon, stainless or titainium.