What's new

Insurance - Adrian Flux, what are you playing at?!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Right, it was insurance renewal time last week and I was a bit miffed to find my insurance through flux had risen considerably to £730. I know this is a lot less than some people are paying but it is still a fair bit more than I paid last year with a years extra NCB and no convictions etc. Bear in mind, this is a 1500 mile limited policy so only 1/8th of the average miles..

I called to see what they could do on the price, stating that I had found it cheaper elsewhere and they didn't even attempt to compete, saying that was the best price. Not particually happy with this service as it was going to be my 3rd year using them. And especially when you read about them bending over backwards to beat prices in other cases..

Anyone had any similar experiences?

:no:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I think this year it will be the same story for everyone mate, 30% increase across the board on insurance premiums due to people claiming and taking the mick with personal injury claims and un insured drivers.
My type r was insured with them for 2 -3 years( 08 plate and 10 plt) competitive price first 2 years then this years the price over doubled for no reason,so I shopped around got it for 600 they said they would match it but I didn't stay with them because if they could match it why had they bumped it up to almost 1300 in the first place.
My 15 costs a lot through them but they were still the cheapest at the time,don't know if they will be this time round though.

Last edited:

B9NKO

Reaction score
I tried adrian flux and the guy on the phone was pretty rude especially when I wouldn't take out the policy whilst on the phone, he just hung up in the end! I've stayed with sky insurance again as the service is great, I got a cheaper quote off A plan but just decided to stay with sky!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Craig jump on SXOC everyone is getting the same deal with them and all jumping ship to the likes of Sky

S

S15 SILVIA

Yeh I have the same issue with flux. Last year paid bout £700 for me and the mrs, this year it's £805.
Just rang round, and sky are offering the same cover for £650. Better, but still not ideal for a 30 year old, with garage in low risk area in mid Wales!
Might barter with flux see what they say.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
weird, last year i paid just under 600 with flux, this year i am still on limited mileage (2k) and declared every single mod. got it down to 475 fully comp protected, garaged overnight and used for commuting and pleasure

S

S15 SILVIA

Rang flux today, Managed to get my insurance down to £610 which is much better than their original renewal quote of £805
:)