What's new

The insurance thread

Reaction score
I hate insurance :( but it seems people pay similar

Insurance company; A-Plan
Third party or fully comprehensive; Fully comp

Modifications declared; Braided brake hoses, full stainless exhaust, K&N panel, FMIC, walbro, 18's, coilovers
Age of driver; 25 at the time
Location; Mansfield, Nottingham
NCB; 6 years, 1 crash/write off in 2009
Penality points; No offenses ever
Cost of insurance per year; £999

It seems an extra years no claims, 7000 miles instead of 8000 a year and a boost controller means it should be 1050, WTF A-Plan?! Currently Sky are winning my renewal which ill update when i take out a new policy

Reaction score
Country
I'm with sky an paid £1250 last year just got a renewal through at £1162 seems a plan told me last year if I was 25(which I am now)itl be around £600.so sky won't be getting my vote this year I can safely say £90 cheaper with a extra yrs no claims and being 25 is poor .not imprest atall.
So yeah sky
No mods
3points but was told was a minor offence and doesn't effect price.
25yrs old
Frome,Somerset
£1162 a year(booooo)

Reaction score
Country
I imagine i'm the youngest on the forum at the moment or there abouts so no-one should be paying more than me.
20 years old
1 write off
Soon to be one years no claims
No mods
No points
6000 miles a year
admiral multicar i pay £1400

Reaction score
Country
Insurance company: Sky Insurance
Third party or fully comprehensive: Fully comp
Modifications declared: All declared (not many yet though)
Age of driver: 24
NCB: 6 years
Penality points: 6
Cost of insurance per year: £892

Interestingly it added the best part of £100 by adding the wife.

Reaction score
Country
Insurance company: Sky Insurance
Third party or fully comprehensive: Fully comp
Modifications declared: All declared (not many yet though)
Age of driver: 24
NCB: 6 years
Penality points: 6
Cost of insurance per year: £892

Interestingly it added the best part of £100 by adding the wife.
See this annoys me your under 25 you have double the points I do and they offered me 1160 or something like that.joke to be honest

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It's not though really is it. They asses the risk you pose and give a quote based on that. No joking involved at all!

And just to rub it in a bit more, I was paying just £600 last year when I was 24..

Reaction score
Country
Just renewed for second year with my S15:

Insurance company - sky;
fully comprehensive
(underwriters - Chaucer, NCB protected, £350 excess);

Mods declared - wider aftermarket wheels, strut brace, front sus tie rods, turbo hoses, braided brake hoses, plus they seemed to insist on counting the factory aero kit as body mods- crossing side skirt and spoiler on the mods form, smaller battery, removed rear seats.
age - 33
Location - Bracknell, Berkshire;
10yrs NCB;
Penality points - 3 SP30 recently acquired (in my other car!)
Cost of insurance per year - £822 (inc £22 legal)
(includes two other named drivers - girlfriend which added £30, and another friend added last year for a road trip - they would not reduce premium if I removed him this year so kept him on)

Also insured with Sky nissan primera GT with mods for which they say they give me a discount equivalent to applying the same NCB as the first car.

Reaction score
Country
It's not though really is it. They asses the risk you pose and give a quote based on that. No joking involved at all!

And just to rub it in a bit more, I was paying just £600 last year when I was 24..
Oh yeah ino but you can see where I'm coming from haha

D

daffron

Im glad i dont live in the UK anymore! haha

When I was 19 (last year) My turbo s15 , highly modded cost $330(140pound)/year third party and $1000(400pound)/ year fully comp and thats with several speeding tickets declared and a DUI

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Adrian Flux
Full Comp + business use and with all mods declared
34 years young
Somerset
16 years NCB
3 points
£480 (with the misses on there too)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Renewal time with sky! They quoted my renewal as £812 with marker study underwriting it. I phoned tthem to ask if they could do better and they checked but couldn't beat it apparently.

Phoned Adrian flux, they quoted £715 with marker study underwriting their quote...... (same underwritter, £100 difference!

So phoned sky back and they went away and checked again to see if they could beat it, and they amazingly did.....lol.. £712.50 but with a different underwritter who's name sounded dodgy.

But not happy I had to phone twice so I've switched to Flux this year.

Adrian flux
fuly comp
Chippenham wilts
8yrs NCB
0 points or cconvictions
All mods declared
£300 excess
£715

S

S15 SILVIA

Just had a very disapointing experience with 'A Plan' insurance.
Took out a policy with them last Thursday to start today on the 4th July. Left Adrian flux as A Plan came up with a better quote.
Anyway, I changed my car yesterday to cheaper euro car so as to save money. Did quotes on line before I purchased the car, and I was getting quotes of £400, which is a £200 plus saving a year on the policy I had taken out on the Silvia.
Tried ringing then yesterday to notify them, to see how much cheaper they could insure the car, but they were closed. Rang at 5:15. They close at 5.
Anyway, rang them again today (day policy starts) to see what they could do. They came back with a quote of £658 :-0
told him I had had quotes of £400 the man on the phone said their policy is better (like for like etc) to which I said, it's totally standard, so standard parts is what they will be replacing! He then tried saying that they will be putting second hand parts on the car if a claim occurs! They make excessive charges when policy's are changed etc etc
To which I thought. Your being a NOB!
Told him I wanted to cancel my policy and look else where. He told me I would be refunded my money when they recieve the documents back (fair enough) he has noted the policy has been cancelled today, so I am not insured with them anymore.
The total cost for this service for half a day insurance. . . . . . . . . £82!!!!!!!
Robbing bastards! After he told me how the other company's are so bad and charge excessively! He robbs £82 from my refund!
Wont be having any dealing with them ever ever again.
Moral of the story, should have stayed with flux. Never had problems dealing with them!

T

terryh

wow I dont know how many people have managed to get insurance for so cheap. im turning 25 soon with 6years ncb, never had any points or convictions and live in nw london. telling insurance companies the car is standard im still getting quotes over £3000!!!! is there something different I should be trying?

Reaction score
Country
Who's that with?! Mine drops to £446 this year for a standard s15 ill be 22 3 years no claims. Admiral that is, although not sure what they're like when it comes to a claim!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I had something like that with flux , my type r was being sold 10 days after my renewal so I renewed with flux and was told I had 14 day cooking off period for a full refund. Cancelled after 8 days and still had to pay them 80 for the days I was insured joke.
I am 30 with 10 years ncd fully comp with no points and limited mileage am paying 650 ish
Have swapped every year I have ha the car as renewal is always loads more than the previous year so I ring between sky and flux to get the price down, is silly really If they can do it that cheap they should offer that price from the start

Last edited:
T

terryh

I done another insurance quote in a different address that my mate lives in. About 45 minutes away and my qote went down to £774 from over £3000!may have to move lol